Take or Wait?

Pebbz

Ok,

I have had several arguments with people over the take or wait debate... hopefully some other opinions will help.

This is the situation...

The bud is not yours... the person with the supply is more of an aquaintance than a friend, or not really even a friend at all... mostly you just happen to be in the same room.

Do you sit and wait for the owner to pack for you, or offer the bowl or whatever to do it yourself?

or

It's there, it's prepared and the person supplying it has obviously gone with the intention of offerring it up to whoever wants it

Personally I go with waiting... isn't that just common respect? and if ur a waiter... how do you go in a room full of takers?? end up being the most bloody sober person around.

Unless I'd contributed to the mix or the person was a best friend I wouldn't touch the bowl,

but I think it's ok to speak up and make a joke out of it, you know something like, 'pass that thing here before you hurt yourself' or 'you married to that thing or what?' after a bit of paying out on the mull pigs you get the bong passed along. Some mull pigs are hopeless, not only will they not pass it along but they'll pocket the lighter they've just bludged off you as well! :thumbsup:

HEHE. i like bufo's methods. I'm fairly similar, minus the comedy act though. Usually come out with "you gunna share that around or is it ya personal stash". Hit em straight up, that way hopefully you'll get a straight answer. Then if they continue to piss around, i'll chop up on the nearest table/bench, grab the billy or whatever and start blowin' others out. They tend to loosen up pretty quickly once they see your intentions. But once, i did see some bloke grab his bong 'n bowl and went off to his room to sulk after doing the above. But i do think he was a bit of a control freak that wanted everyone to smoke at his pace. :rolleyes:

But yeah, pretty good circle of friends that have known each other for yonks that all know the common rule amounst us. Whatever is in the bowl is public property, just as long as you don't empty it into whatever with intentions of knockin' it off. Usually someone is throwing something into the bowl when it gets down.

:thumbsup:

if someone has some weed and you want some it seems pretty simple to me you just ask, irrespective of what others are doing.

personally I've never been in a situation where someone has brought some weed and hasn't shared it. If ya don't wanna share its rude to smoke up in front of others when you know they'd want some I reckon. Almost as rude as taking someone elses mix without asking. :thumbsup:

hey there lads

i personally add to a mix straight up so that way it effectivly makes it part mine which then allows me to kick it along abit if needed

i hate bong pigs or people that sit there with a bong in hand talkin shit for ages and all your doing is ignoring all their saying and focusing on the bong :thumbsup:

cheerz :Dj:

i hate bong pigs or people that sit there with a bong in hand talkin shit for ages and all your doing is ignoring all their saying and focusing on the bong :thumbsup:

So true Stoney, we got a mate that is renouned for it, but he usually gets the sack from packin' duties fairly quickly and cops an earful for his troubles. :rolleyes:

I tend to go along the lines of what stoney does , I will add to the mix to start with so that I don't have to feel bad about smoking somone elses weed and I can smoke what I want :rolleyes:

I have no problems at all blowign other people out , I just feel strange when I'm the recipient for some unknown reason :thumbsup:

Waaay back when I was new to weed, the group of friends of my cousin's... (they the one's who gave me my first billy :thumbsup: hehe) anyway... was never my weed, juz happened to be there and it was offerred, and i didn't say no... but my younger cousin would apparently just get in there an' pack it herself (also not hers) and it wasn't until we were all sitting 'round reminiscing about her (she died in a car accident in 04) that most of them thort it was a little bit rude of her to take it but never said anything... :rolleyes: Edited by Pebbles

:peace:

This is an interesting topic , heheh .. and I like what has been said so far ..

I guess It's another thing that depends on the situation tho ..

Different groups of people have their different "rules" .. :thumbsup:

I generally smoke with people I know well and respect so It's pretty easy to coordinate , even if they have different personal "rules" of how a session should go ..

But if your not smokin with friends (and have not supplied the mix) then It just comes down to common decency ...

You wouldn't go to a non-friends (or even a friends) kitchen and take something from the fridge without asking .. same thing with the mix ..

But if it is a Call for it situation "Who Wants a Bong!?" then I spose if you don't eventually speak up you might miss out .. And usually you won't be persecuted for asking ..

I'd personally prefer to contribute to the bowl and/or smoke with fair friendly people :toke: (or even Bring the beer) lol

Anyhoo , I'm probly ramblin again ... All the best for 2007 and enjoy the Good Herb :whistle:

Budman :freak:

(Hey , It's not a microphone! .. you gonna smoke that or just sit there lookin at it!?) :rolleyes: