deficiency?

Yeah, that's a pretty small pic... could be a deficiency but it's more likely to be a pH problem...

9 times out of 10 if there's a nutrient deficiency of some sort, it's pH.

Can you describe the symptoms and progression of the problem?

And also, could you describe the system and growing practices? Might be able to help a bit more.

ill borrow a digi and take some proprer pics tonight,

heres the story.. i got ten cheese plants in two home made sprayer units the spray systems consist of two storage containers each unit, one for res one for plants the top bit for plants has four micro sprinklers in it and the lid has 5 holes for five inch net pots, my net pots have 3 inch rock wool cubes surrounded by clay pebbles..two of my plants seem un affected the ones in the middle of each unit seem fine while the ones in each corner have been getting worse with necrosis on some leafs and dry spots on the others mainly lower growth and middle affected..

im feeding with vitalink a+b at a cf of 15 (gonna up to 16-17 when problem sorted)

and a ph of 5.7 to start and allowed to creep up to 6.2 before correction

I suspect my ph meter is at fault i re calibrated yesterday and could'nt get 4 lower than 4.3 without using the 7 trim but when calibrating the 7 it put the 4 back to 4.3, so as it stands my hanna ph meter is reading 4.3 in a 4 buffer solution and bang on 7 in the 7 buffer..

hope that makes sense been blazing high grade all morn.. lol

Edited by highgrade

are all the misters getting the same amount of flow??

somtimes the further away the the lines go the pressure drops.. could be resulting in a slight lack over the rest...

to me though I think the EC is way too low... it should be somewhere around 2.0 -2.4.. or about 1600 - 1800 ppm...

is the dying of only on the older leaves or is it all over... if its lacking N it will start with the lower shade leaves dying off... nitorgen dif. makes the leaves look like are they dying... going browny yellow to crispy brown...

ive deffo got a bit of nitrogen diffeciency I just didnt fancy upping nutes till i sort this problem,

Ive just been having a look at the spray pattern and they all seem to be getting the same amount of water, what times would you reccomend running the pump its on 15 mins every 3 hours and not at all at night..

I usually run a maximum cf of 18 during veg but have been told cheese is a hungry plant ill prob up nutes later.

thanks for the help so far.

I am in no way an expert on aero.. but I am sure that your feedoing times should be a lot more frequent... I think 10-15mins every hour... I am not exactly sure... do the roots sit in water at all .. or the only feeding they get is when the misters come on??.. if so.. you cant let the roots dry out.. at all...

theres a few members that do aero with very good success.. might pay to look around and hit some one up...

musherman.. from memory does a neat little aero grow..

theres a litle pool of water at the bottom of each tub but as ive just put them in the system the roots have'nt reached this yet,

roots drying out is quite possibly my problem, did'nt think of that ill investigate further when im home.

thanks for the help..

EDIT: timers now set to 15 mins on 45 mins off for the time lights are on,

took more pics with my phone will post some better ones when i borrow a digi cam..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/mk1...pg?t=1164991234

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/mk1...01122006001.jpg

Edited by highgrade