Time for a New Lamp

PAR is photosynthetically available radiation. It means the light that is actually utilised by your plants.

So technically speaking,you could have 2 lamps with quite different lumen output, but the lower lumen lamp has a higher percentage of PAR due to its light spectrum,so in theory that is the light to buy.

Edit: Sorry I didnt look at the link before I posted this and Sunmaster make their claim quite strongly don't they although they did'nt give lumen output did they?

This PAR business does have to be taken account as most sodiums are just used for illuminating factories and stuff so it's the overall lumen output that the factory owner wants but you get lights with quite different light spectrums because they have different chemicals in them which incandesce or glow at different parts of the light spectrum.

So a lamp manufacturer making lights specifically for plants tries to tweak their lights chemically to up the PAR value.

To give you an example of this,on the space shuttle they do experiments with plants and their form of illumination is LED's.

Yup, banks of them and they are PAR precise,that is,is they have certain banks of leds for certain parts of the PAR spectrum and as a result virtually all the light emitted is absorbed by the plants.I know of a grower in America who is trying to copy and learn from NASA and this guy has a 23w cubboard grow with 2 very healthy plants in it.

It sounds insane,tiny little LED's but I assure you there is lots of research going on,specifically fine tuning PAR output to get the most efficient lighting. Why is NASA doing this?

Because they are going to Mars.

Edited by Dr Rockster

if u want to buy from HAP go into there store and buy the products there not a dedicated hydro shop once u see there store IMO fuckin shit and messy customer service what service? :applause: but yeah a good percentage of there prices are attractive i give them credit for that

as for the lamps i took a picture of a 400w son-t and 400w luca grow the LG's filament is as long as a 600watter globe and alot longer than the son-t's weather this means anything or not its the lamp i prefer have tryed sunmaster still a little unsure does look asif it gives more leaf on the buds and slightly darker plants but all buds turn out the same :whistle: