Tiny Flies! Help!

hey there crazy

sounds like ya got fungus gnats but some pics would be better

being in veg you can still fix it i would start off by putting about an inch of washed sand on top of ya medium if ya in soil or coco and treating them with with a good insectacide something that you can treat ya soil with as fungus gnats lay there eggs in your medium and they feed on your roots thats why you may be having some nute diffs

some pics would be good but i recon thats ya problem

cheerz :Dj:

I had what looked like black dots before accompanied by the leaf damage and it turned out to be small little green caterpillars. Check and see if the black dots will move off if so they could be the caterpillars shit..

I solved by spraying the entire box with some good fly spray then a light rinse off after about 30minutes.

It also killed any flies around the base and moths around the light and spiders inside my shed and the coach roaches 2 doors down ...hehe

meduim is rockwool in clayballs .. advanced nutes.. will try fet some pics tommorow but they will only show what i said.

the black dots and rust spots etc if i hadnever seen a fly in there i would of just put them down to odd splashes of nute burn.. so there is hardley any.. the plants look good.. and ive only seen 2 flys in there... there like the size of the tip of a lead off a pencil, with half the size of spidermite legs, run very quickly, and can fly..

Edited by cray-zay-one

meduim is rockwool in clayballs .. advanced nutes.. will try fet some pics tommorow but they will only show what i said.

the black dots and rust spots etc if i hadnever seen a fly in there i would of just put them down to odd splashes of nute burn.. so there is hardley any.. the plants look good.. and ive only seen 2 flys in there... there like the size of the tip of a lead off a pencil, with half the size of spidermite legs, run very quickly, and can fly..

So there(nute burn) is hardly any,the plants look good(glad to hear it!) 2 flies?that many huh,better run for the hills but oh I'm only joking! :scratchin:

No, I would not think the(mild) symptoms you describe are due to the insects you describe.You do seem to have insect based actual physical leaf damage but the other symptoms sound like they may have their origins elsewhere.But having said that a pic would be great.Need more input bro.

What is your feeding regime and vent set up if ya don't mind me asking? Are these tears and discolorations on the leaves to be seen on all parts of the plants or generally on the lower portions of the plant?

Is this black and rust spot purely near the leaves that have been apparently chomped on by your winged intruders or seemingly elsewhere? :whistle:

Edited by Dr Rockster