DWC Advice/Critique

Shiva

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o61/Shiva569row/DWCSmartvalve.jpg

Hey fellas,

Newby here still on my L's; trying to fill my head with info to start a grow.

I've decided I want to do a DWC type grow incorporating a smartvalve for easy watering.

I've attached a pic of an idea I have based on my limited knowledge.

What I'm thinking of doing is using a container big enough to hold four net pots with air stones in the bottom. This will be fed via a reservoir. I want to use a smartvalve to regulate the water level. I am concerned if I just use a smartvalve when the water level falls to the bottom of the container the air stones will be just pumping air and have no water to produce bubbles. What I'm thinking of doing is raising the smartvalve somehow so when it thinks the water level is empty there will still be water in there for the airstones to pump bubbles.

Has anyone seen anything like this done before?

Do you guys think something like this would work? Is there an easier way to do something like this?

Is there a direction I could be pointed in to devise a better plan.

I'm not really keen on having water pumps as I would like noise to be kept to a bare minimum. Is the noise generated by a water pump something I should even worry about? This is the main reason for wanting to use a smartvalve.

Also, I'm worried about the quality of the water that would remain in lower section of the container. This wouldn't really be circulating much so I'm thinking this could be a problem as far as pH, TSD, etc. goes. Should this be a concern?

Thanks heaps guys.

how deep is the wat u are puttin the net pots in

i done a few dwc in mne time too

but listen i had 2 plants in a 60 ltr bucket system

they got in the way of each other

with dwc u get phenomenal growth imo

i dont think u will gwt away with 4??

i never used a smart valve meself

but listen submersible water pumps dont make heaps of noise

just a tip t6oo man

try and work with allready female clones

cause removin boys is a hassle as the roots get tangled together

hope that helps a bit

bil

u cant even here mine waterpump

Smart valves are great until you bump them IMHO :smoke: but go to your local tank place and get a small float valve they are damm nice and come in many different sizes. :toke:

The only time water pumps make noise is when they are dieing so yeh go a pump

I do much the same as that but I have a second 80L resevoir under my system that I adjust and maintain whilst my top section is a shallower system much like yours but with 5 plants now hehe. This way the pumps pump up top changing the top areas nutrients.. No shock when changing nuts from temp etc and a buffer area for when topping your nutrient levels up.

Any way man Good Luck !!