Found some stuff at the store, think it will work?

Hey guys, ive been growing outdoors because i find it exspensive to buy grow lamps and all. But just

yesterday i was at home Depot and i found sum flurecent grow bulbs for really cheap. It was a fluro that

was used for indoor growing and lasted up to 20K hours. It didnt say how much watts though. 1 Fluro was

only 10 US dollars, and the fixture to plug in 2 fluros in was only 20 US dollars. They fluro boxes said that

they radiated all of the same stuff that the sun did for indoor growing. Just wondering if this could work or

not. I hope so!

THX

it will work heaps of people around here grow under fluro me i only use fluro for seedlings and clones and then under a 400w when fully rooted now ya fluro will work but ya wont get a huge yeild out of it and it may be better to look around ebay for a cheap 2nd hand 400w i picked one up for $50 not that long ago

would also be good to find out the wattage of these fluro's that u are speakin of

hope this helps

Compact fluoros can grow plants, true, but they won't yeild very much and you'll be in a real micro-grow.

HID lamps put out much more light and are effective in most growrooms. But with playing around you could certainly grow a few plants under either a large wattage compact fluoro or many smaller ones. (the larger one being the far better option IMO.)

Just remember that light=yeild. (all else being equal of course)