Heat Stress

I had a problem with lack of light and heat it was only 17C. So I put a 600 watt HPS in my wardrobe. Seemed to work alright. The thermometer was at 27C which was a perfect temp. But it was 17C outside the cabinet. That's a 10C increase. So what happens when it's 27C outside?......yep, you guessed right 37C. The plants are really dropey. Kinda acting like I would if I was stuck in 37C heat.

I'm leaving the wardrobe doors open during the daylight hours as light leakage is not a problem (i.e neighbours seeing a strange light eminating from the shed. Also I turned the fan around so instead of it trying to extract hot air, it's now blowing cool air into the wardrobe.

If I keep the temps below 30 will my plants recover?

Edited by New Holland

NH - Kinda acting like I would if I was stuck in 37C heat.

Also I turned the fan around so instead of it trying to extract hot air, it's now blowing cool air into the wardrobe

Like you they are dehydrated. Very sad looking an't it. :scratchin:

everest......... ya plants need to sway gently in the breeze so to speak

That discription made me high - Nicely put

Very true about the "EXCHANGE"

So is there anything else you could try to help them out ? :(

Increase hiumidity :(

Decrease the temps. :( :yahoo:

I don't know if I should spend the money on another fan then. It's only going to be another week till my grow room is ready. I'm better of spending the funds on that. I'll just soldier on, leaving the doors open etc for another week, by then I'll have them in the grow room.

Once I have the grow room up and running I'll investigate getting a 250w Metal Halide for the wardrobe (for clones). The fan I have in there now provides enough air for the plants, it's just a heat problem that I'm trying to tackle. That 600w HPS was just a temporary thing to get me by. That will end up in the grow room eventually.

I was just worried that in a week I'd have my grow room read and nothing to put in it because my plants are dead!.

G'day new holland,I grow inside my shed and for a little while there I had temp's outside of 36'c max outside,that pushed my growroom up to 43'c.What saved my plant's was air movement,a fan to move the air in the growroom and a fan bringing fresh air in,to replace the stale being sucked out of the room.

keepleft made the same comment and was correct.

:scratchin: