Switching from 24/0 to 18/6 and back again

I've got problems with my plants not growing. It could be from light leakage during the dark period. I've switched from 24/0 to 18/6, is it safe to chenge back to 24/0?. That way I havn't got to worry about light leakage (for now).

Also the plants are only 3-4" high. The lowest leaves are turning yellow from what I think is a lack of light. Is it safe to take the fluro's out and wack a 600 watt HPS in there?. What distance should I keep the 600 from the plants. I'm thinking 1 metre?.

I don't think temps will be to much of a problem as its below 20c outside most of the time, and there is plenty of ventilation. They may not be growing due to cold temps too?.

u will be fine switching from 24/0 to 18/6 and back again no probs. ive dont it before.

when there in veg, light leakage wont affect them. only in flower is light leakage a problem as it may affect photoperiod.

i clone under a 600 watt MH conversion. u will be fine putting the 600 W in there. they may not like the HPS at first but will adjust. keep at 1mt and lower over a few days as they respond.

...I've got problems with my plants not growing. It could be from light leakage during the dark period. ...
More light, including leakages, will not be a problem for growth.
...only in flower is light leakage a problem as it may affect photoperiod....
During flowering light leakage will stimulate leaf growth and delay flowering. The plant is experiencing a problem other than this.

Ok guys, I have the 600 setup. It's about 1 and a bit metres from the plants. How much and howoften should I raise the shelf towards the plants?. I'm thinking I'll leave them the way they are for about 3 days. Then start moving them up about 10cm every second day. General rule of thumb is to keep a 600watt 60cm away from the plants. I'm thinking that in this instance it'd probably be more considering I have a 600 in such a small space. The plants only have a floor space of about 4 square feet (1'x4'). That works out at 150watts/sqft. That's 60 watts over the recomended maximum amount of 90 watts.

post-7214-1143318413_thumb.jpg

Hi NH they'll love the 600. Q? Did you say youre raising the shelf to the light as they grow?

It's just that they'll get heavier. Might be less work to lower the light and just raise it as they grow? If possible. (Sorry if I've read this wrong, or you've already explained it.)

No real probs with any of the times 24 to 18, back or forward, depend on how fast you want the veg to go?

Have fun :xcited:

Thanks for the replys guys (and gals).

Mulaway, originaly I had three shelves in there with Fluro's. You can see how I had it set up in the pic below. The idea was to Veg under really blue fluro's (7000Kelvin) before putting them in my grow room. I started to have problems with the leaves on the very bottom of the plants turning yellow. And no growth. They've been the same hight for about 3 weeks.

Other then that they are healthy as. As well as lack of light to the lower leaves (Leaves need to be within 4" of fluro's) I think the cool temps slowed growth too. With the 600 in there it's usually somewhere between 26-30c, most of the time it's 28c which I think is ideal.

The soil and water ph seem to be fine. Other then that I don't know what else I'm doing wrong?. This wardrobe is only meant to start the plants. My grow room is almost complete. I'm a tad short on funds (arn't we all?). Just gotta put up the Panda film which I already have. But I can't do that until put the vent flanges and fan in.

post-7214-1143348486_thumb.jpg

Edited by New Holland

More light, including leakages, will not be a problem for growth. During flowering light leakage will stimulate leaf growth and delay flowering. The plant is experiencing a problem other than this.

Light leaksing is a form of stress, if any of your plants have the hermi trait in them deep down it will come out in flower if you don't protect against light leaks ( not sayign it can't happen anyway by anymeans ) but light lieaks will bring out hiden traits in a plant particularly a hermi traite