HELP - severe necrosis due to immobile nutrients

Looking for some advice as to how to deal with plants showing severe signs of what has been diagnosed as Sulpur and /or Magnesium deficiency on new growth. The symptoms are due to imobile nutrients or secondary nute lockout (Mg,Ca,Su,Fe). The damage was caused over the last two weeks while trialing a new microbial/root repair product which has not been released (what a fuck up!). The product was first applied 1 week before going 12/12. It was used for two weeks. After the symptoms became too severe (at the end of the first week of 12/12), the system (rockwool) was flushed with plain ph'd water for 2 days, then the tank was dumped again and has been run on A+B bloom nutes (nulife), ph adjusted to 5.8 and adding oxyplus.

Told that the condition is known as Nercosis and unfortunately is unrepairable on a

short cycle crop.

So far i have been advised as follows:

"Action 1: Cut off all affected main tips. This will re-distribute the

natural Gibberllins from the plant tip through to the healthy lateral

branches. Also it will direct the plants energy to the laterals which should

lift to the top of the canopy.

2. Add Superthrive for B vitamins to

help relieve the stress and get them growing again.

Action 3: Floiar spray them with a good micronutrient mix like Earth Juice

Micro Blast and weak Superthrive through the leaves continue this for at

least the next 2-3 weeks.

If any symptons continue or as an alternative treatment for sulpur and

Magnesium deficieny you can add Eposm Salts at the rate of 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon

per litre. This is a fairly standard treatment for this deficiency."

Anyone got any other ideas? Also, should i bother with the epsom salts? or could adding epsom salts lead to lockout salt build up?

thanks

post-6789-1143169009_thumb.jpg

no offence, but those plants look like they have had a really rough few weeks :smoke: more information is needed before we can really help you out, but at the very least i'd flush the plants for 3 days straight changing the water daily so you remove any problems in your medium...

the kind of information we need includes what medium you are using, what brand nutes, what lighting, what the pH of your water is, etc. basically the more information you can tell us about your system, the better the advice will be :smoke:

what i dont understand is, isnt there a certain amount of magnesium and sulphur in nutrients ?

sure do, otherwise they'd be no good lol

So how much do they need considering a normal plant in soil wouldnt have these probs with magnesium and sulphur deficiency , yet give em some nutes and all these problems start . I mean ive never had any problems with plants in soil , start using solutions and wammo problems start . MIne havnt got the yellowing , they just have that downward curl effect on them , fuck knows ??

hello Keepleft, this does not look so good how did it happen? , cant say ive ever seen a deficency like this with my nutes ( gets the odd white spot ) . This is exactly why when testing new products i do trials with cuts and not in the main grow, shop owners tell you anything when they know product is not test yet . example a new root booster i tryed a few weeks ago 1st made nice fluffy roots go brown/stained of kelp lost all fluffiness and turned to long thin tap roots.

2. reacted bad with canna nutes and blocked drips nearly lost the BB before it started.

Months earlier Hygrozym was recomended one week for replacement of canna zym next week i go back to get some more from same store , its been pulled from shelves due to bubbleing yeasty mix once in res no bad effects on plants that i saw in one week..

Thats why ive gone full circle back to canna although the HI gen range is good too.

just read again Nulife ive had an issue with them first set up ever and was given nutes and got 2 bottles of part A, apparently a mix up in packaging and stickers so store owner said, never again

Hope someone can help soon , go back to what you know.

Id agree with step one no loss of yield at this stage,

step 2 VB is the go rizotonic if you can get it had dramas with the superthrive after first weeks of veg.

Step 3 regular nutes half strength should do with rizo 4ml p lt.

Step 4 would already be using 1/2 table spoons of best salts you can buy per 100 lt do so in next grow from day 1

Dont stop feeding maby lower to about 2.2 ec .

Thc

hi guys the damage was caused by a new trial product called bio-path. its not on the market yet. i tested it for the bio-chemists who were sure it was a winner and that it wouldnt do any harm. it obviously 'blocked' some immobile nutes.

its not the nulife nutes, cause im running the nutes with the same strain in another g-room and they are 100% perfect.

ive flushed the medium for 2 days with ph adjusted water and cut off the affected growth. going to foliar feed with earth juice microblast and superthrive for the next few days, and just run the nutes as normal. not going to add the epsom as i dont want to run the risk of 'locking out' any other nutes. the earth juice is a great micronutrient additive. we'll see how it goes

Hi

Mate , Ive said to you before you are reading too many labels , its not about that brand or product with that brand its about balance , you go adding all this junk in your tank this is what happens your balance is up the sh*t , you dont need it and it will give you grief , if we were side by side I could prove it too you , so I guess if you want to stay a hamerhead you must learn the hard way :xcited:

Everybody jumps on nutrient deficiancy , if your PH is right and you use a modern day quality nutient you will not have nutrient lockout and I dont care what symptons you are seeing , if you are seeing problems its not about vitamins unless you start adding additives in the tank , this can cause lockout , if you have a plain vanila nutrient and good water at the right PH then stay away from the tank if you see problems , because the reason for your problems is not in the tank , now if its a toxic waste dump full of additives you are asking for problems , wasteing money and in the end not get better yeilds .

Rod

It’s your whole concept of growing. For them to turn out like that there must have been clear signs in ph and ec long before they got to that stage. Just reading what you have said I see you use unproven products and god knows what other chems and additives then your solution to the problem is to feed with earth juice microblast and superthrive?

You have got so many things going on at the same time that when something goes wrong you cant tell what is the cause.

I suggest you use well-known brand name nutes without adding extra additives and keep it simple for a while. If you do that im sure you will grow some fine buds.