ALGAE(1st timer)

IM using a fill and drain system. Nutes in the bottom tank and peat gravel in the top tank. My water is pumped to the top tank and I am using a PVC pipe for my water overflow. I have a clear plastic container surrounding the overflow (reason for this is, in the surrounding open space I have a counter attatched so I can track and make sure they get a drink) In the future I will use an opaque container. But the clear container has let light get to the water under the rocks. I have algae growing!!!!! Does using an areator or peroxide eliminate or kill the algae???? My water is not circulating. I know how to eliminate the problem next time but for now what will kill the algae???? Will the algae cause any harm or just take up some of my nutrients?????? Any advise appreciated!!! Thanks everyone

For this grow assumign you can do nothign abotu the problem container I would try Microbile or Peroxide both kill the algie on contact stopping it from forming and therefore stops spreading, you could have your res under your grow lights and cope provided your usign the right dose of these products to kill them straight away,( and you wouldn't be the first to be forced to have a clear tank in light) if it starts to take hold of the environment though , I would sugest a Very thorough clean out and treat with one of those products from now on

algie eaters are an organic option and are cool little pets to have in tanks with this problem , they don't like the nutrients but they will eat and eat algie , when I say they don't like nutes I mean that they tend to die from them so they will have to be replaced on a regular basis lol

I only get this prob when using RWool , what i do if stop the nutes for atwo days with canna zym scrape any green aglee you can from tops of cubes with a spoon, Normally overfeeding is the prob combined with light making direct contact with cube, panda film covering cube buit allowing drippers to work corretly will help. What Pure said was some good advice if you want to erredicate or maintain . If your nearly finnished go the panda a flush