help with 1st s.o.g

hi all agian been growing for last ten years but always larger plants but i would like to set up a sog some how but need help with how many plant x areai have watering times and how to feed perferably auto i have and area of 8x4 with 2x400w & 1 600w i would like to do approx 16-20 n try 4 3-6oz @plant have theese strains to use ak-47xc-99,c-99,bbxc-99 or white skunk so any info gratly appreciative cheers W.S

G'day Whiteskunk,

I'm in the same boat as you, about to try the SOG method using Red Devil

I'm only going to use six plants per square foot but I've heard that nine are quite common.

I'll be going DWC with three inch netpots in expanded clay but if Im not impressed, I can always try flood and drain or spray misters.

AS soon as my clones start to root, I'll give them a couple of weeks to veg under 250 watts MH and then place them into the flowering room under 3x600 watts of HPS on a rail.

I used the rail when I was SCROGing and it wont be really necessary with this next grow but I figure that with the plants so close together it will get more light to the sides of the plant as it travels back and forth.

I've got co2 to give them a boost and General Hydroponics nutes which I've read is the best although a little complicated to use.

Im looking at a perpetual SOG and with as less maintanance as possible.

This will be a learning experience for both of us and I hope the guys like Stonedas and anyone else who grows a SOG will let us in on their secrets.

hey,

Where to start lol

Plants per square foot

1- upto 4 weeks veg more scrog

4- upto 2 weeks veg (works well)

6- wouldnt veg personally but upto a week

9- no veg but mold would have to be a problem

I have tried 28 in 1x2 foot but airflow problems are main concerns....

So there for 8x4 = 32square feet

You would be looking at less than 1 per foot so it wouldnt be a sog as such. Would need to supercrop or scrog to attain yields you want from such small numbers...

Easiest sog cycle i know of is 2 5x5 foot rooms both lit with 1000 watts, 100 6" pots and flower at 6-12" depending on your room....15 grams a plant is attainable lol

3 lb per light keep you a happy camper lol

Then it all depends if you can preveg in diff room to make it a shorter turnaround........