oxyplus - dosage

hi whats the most aggressive dose of oxyplus i can run in the nute tank? application every 2 - 3 days only (cant do daily dose unfortunately). its says 2ml per 10lt on the bottle but ive heard i can dose at 4ml per 10lt every 3 days? thanks (im really struggling to beat this pythium! have used everything and now im trying this as a last resort!)

It depends on your medium, you can use more in a run to waste than in a recirculating system or bubbler. Personally I wouldn't go above the recommended dosage on the bottle, especially if you're applying it every 3 days.

pythium isn't necessarily a serious problem, the oxyplus could cause more harm to your roots if you go overboard with it.

guys heres the answer i got from the manufacturer of oxyplus.

">With the oxy plus using it at too higher dosage can actually strip your

>roots of a vital membrane and have a negative effect. Stick with 2ml as per

>instructions and then depending on your root structure gently increase the

>dosage only if you need to (if your roots are not white).

>With oxy dont use any kind of beneficial bacteria as it kills all bacteria

>both good and bad."

i think based on that ill stick to 2ml per litre for now and see how it goes

mj addict - pythium has been the worst for me! my yields have decreased 30 - 40% last 3 crops due to it. ive use so much microbial and recently tried fongarid to no effect! so im resorting to oxyplus as a last resort. btw my root zone temp is average 21degrees and im only watering the rockwool for 1 minute every 2 hours when the lights are on (6 times). and i bleached the shit out of everything!!! but still it persists. biatch!

You are either passing the Pythium through your mothers to cuttings , or the source water is contaminated , or your invironment and management is causing you problems .

Make sure your Mothers are disease free " very important "

Use fonagrid as a preventative measure , not a cure , use on mums 2wks before cuttings and on transplanting treat the cuttings .

Use sterile source water , Pythoff and Oxyplus will not eradicate it if you have a problem and are using rec dose , these type products are really only preventative in a allready clean system , only when you does heavy with no plants in the sytem will they kill pythium completely .

Do not keep Rockwool cubes too wet , clones in cubes I dip half inch of the bottom of the cube into the nutient like a tea bag once every 2 days , and I have roots showing between 4 and 7 days with no losses .

When the cube is tranplanted into the main system dont water untill they are quite dry over the first week maybe every couple of days for the first week , when you do water do so thouroughly , Rockwool is about flow , you method of 1 min every couple of hrs is not a good way for Rockwool that would build a water logged environment quickly , you are far better letting them get dry , not dehydrated but dry and then water for 10 or 15 minutes to really flush the pot , this is the establisment stage , you dont need high nut strength or many waterings untill the plants a really humming , you need root development and it wont happen if you are too wet and you are opening the door for Pythium .

I feel for you buddy as I know what its like battling Pythium , but you can beat it if you are diligent , regimental and patient !

Good luck and may the force be with you ;)

Rod

dude u know ur stuff!

i transplanted my cuttings into veg 2 wks ago. there not showing any signs of pyth, but ill do what u said and use the fongarid now as a preventative before it sets in a again. im also using both oxyplus and microbial! im throwing everything at it to make sure it doesnt come back.

also have started two new strains from new clone stock.

yeah ive been letting the top of the slabs dry out and watering. seems ok at 1 min every 3 hrs.

the pyth really has been a problem when they come out of veg into the flower room - this is when its been kicking in. i like the idea of two feeds 6hrs apart of say 10 - 15 mins. will do that thanks