Harvest Time?`

judging maturity by pistils changing from white to red is risky. some strains don;t change until well past ripe and a few not until there cut.

excellent advice to cut and test, cut and test (but take notes stoner!) especially with your first attempt at a strain. you will be surprised at the difference in stone and you should be able to find the right time to cut in future which suits you best.

c

Great Pic's there d - Just what I'm doing myself right now, Day 49 and milky some what & I'm with Chato.

Looking at your pics - just great. I'd give en a bit longer. I'm looking at a majority (>60%) amber.

It's amazing looking in between those cravats @ then wondering if I's judging it correctly. My bud has not stopped growing fatter, I have previously had growth stop, or I've been so keen to hop into it that I chopped to early @ Day 45.

I'm testing as I go too, a few early buds to test, ................ don't do no halm....I agree with chato about the 'notes'..... :devilred:

Chato Posted .......  judging maturity by pistils changing from white to red is risky. some strains don;t change until well past ripe and a few not until there cut.

excellent advice to cut and test, cut and test (but take notes stoner!)especially with your first attempt at a strain.  you will be surprised at the difference in stone and you should be able to find the right time to cut in future which suits you best.

Goodluck d - ebjoy :thumbsup

Edited by nitram

Hey Mushy, I would pick and dry a test bit of bud, do this every 5 days until you find what you like

sounds good to me dude .. except I dont wanna quick dry the bud ;)

Good thing I didn't step in it".

it was "Hmm, good thing we dont step in it" fades into sound of blizzard ...

I have that album .. vinyl .... i'm gonna find it tomorrow and get ya the detail - it had a pull out sleeve .. the outside cover was them sitting in a car and when you pulled the inner sleeve it gave side view of the same car but now see thru car frame stuffed with weed ... that was a cool album

Also had the jingle

"Hey swingin batchelors ... tired of the steady

drip

drip

drip

of gonareha?

Well, just try new

Peter Rooter

thats the name

you just

flush your troubles down the drain

rotten peter,rotten peter,rotten peter

i loved cheech n chong .... still do .. ah, the 70's

yeh Bongon, bout '75 i reckon .. tell you next few days for sure.

but back to the topic ..

I hear what you all say about timing ... and I like cut n test cut n test ... BUT it requires me to fast dry these buds to test ... that'll hurt the quality and make comparison difficult ... or lol

i guess you could cut a whole branch .... dry/cure normally having labled it for date .. then proceed to cut branches progresively, date label,dry/cure ..... aaaah, I get it i think :;): after its all cut n dry, then comparison can be made ....

i get there in the end ::devilred::

it'll have to be as Fraz has suggested ... first smoke of the day or i can fuggetaboutit ::devilred::

thanks everyone and Chato :thumbsup

judging maturity by pistils changing from white to red is risky. some strains don;t change until well past ripe and a few not until there cut

thanks dude, first i have ever heard/read about that .. good to know lol

I am finding it hard in any event because I look at the 2 or 3 main colas and while the head isnt getting much fatter last few days ... the chunkyness of the cola is travelling down the branch .. or up (depending on yer perspective :;): ...is the glass half full ...) so making a decision to chop while buds lower down are still growing is hard ay

chato, thanks again mate ... I will combine my gut feel with your kind assistance on the manification and Dsyf's chop n test as ya go

:thumbsup

and Nitram dude

the notes in my case are essential ... but i run on lists mate ... they protect me from my memory lapses ... ::devilred:: as eeef (lebanese accent.... very high pitch)

oh yeh, and i'll be making my notes here .. with pix .. in the grow diary .. nothing on paper round me ::devilred::

no other particular reason ....

:whistling

MM

972 :lol:

Hey Musha, ya got me thinking about Cheech and chong and I just had to go up to the shed and search through my old albums.

Found a couple of Cheech and Chong albums but I dont think either 1 had the dog shit joke on it.

Remember Sgt Stadenko.,. :scratchin ..Not sure what album he was off either..

Yeah, that Peter Rooter one, I remember that one now.. :thumbsup

The price tag on the wedding album was $6.95, that made me laugh.. ::peace::

Getting back to the topic mate, I'm certainly no expert but I would say another week yet. That's my guess. :peace:

Cheers

post-1074-1131106957_thumb.jpg

I remeber buying this....

in 1972 ::peace::

can't find the others.. i have a very huge collection and it'll have to wait ... nearly lights out time for you know who :peace:

no sticks no seeds that you dont need

phfffft, Accapulco Gold is bad ass weed ...

I had it on several occaisions and can vouch for that !

post-6261-1131108095_thumb.jpg

post-6261-1131108138_thumb.jpg

The only way to really tell when to harvest is by the trichomes.

You can harvest the same buds from the same plant at different times to get different effects.

The best investment you will ever make is with a microscope.

You can also use them to see the sex of your plants early. No need to clone and flower.

Get a good view of bugs that may be munching on your precious weed. Specifically identify and target these little buggers

Highly recommended for new growers and experts alike

Very handy

I have one just like this. Best money i ever spent :thumbsup

Illuminated Pocket Microscope 30x

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.