so from nxt wk 'hydroponic shops'need to be licensed to sell certain types of equipment,anyone buying needs to show full ID and the shops are meant to send this info straight to the cops. hmmm seems a bit draconian to me,electrical wholesalers dont need to license,online sellers can do wot they want. i think its another case of election year politics lets blame all our woes on the hydro shops.

so wots the choice,stock up on filters and lights now or drive to vic or risk the postal service.

:D

To be honest, It's got me buggered how this new legislation got passed the Fair Trading Dept. I can't think of any other industry that is subjected to such crap like this. Not only that, it's ties up more Police resources, from doing some real work.

Sooner you guys oust Atkinson and Rann, the better off your state will be.. :D

;)

Its just designed to intimidate people, its easy to get around.

Get your friends (with no criminal record that can be cross referenced to the purchase) to buy it for you with their id. Make sure they have nothing criminal to worry about at their address, and if they are ever raided- sue and go to the media. If ever the police show up anywhere make sure everyone knows to say NOTHING without consulting legal advice first. Do not use relatives to make purchases, this is somewhat more risky.

Its pathetic really. It just a slap in the face to all stoners, but it won't stop anything. Its the culture of affection that people have for marijuana that is well established here. People are not going to be stopped. The market here is strong, this will not defeat or even damage it in the long term. If some people get scared off, the price will raise mildly and compensate by luring other people in. Rises in price are only temporary in such a market as ours, because people realize the profit to be made, and it only takes a couple of growing cycles for the market to compensate.

If anyone is interested I recently spoke directly to somebody very high up in the South Australian democrats (I don't want to mention their name because it was a private correspondence). Believe me that they believe the following: (a) That drugs should be treated legally according to how damaging they are (:D marijuana is not a damaging drug. They certainly believe in medical marijuana. They are not against people who do ecstasy either.

South Australian democrats are really good. We need them in power- they would legalize marijuana at the very least medically, and significantly reduce penalties for harvesting cannabis at the least.

Its screwed at the moment, both labor and liberal will go against marijuana. Its been hyped up politically that marijuana causes psychosis and is an evil addictive drug. The hard science does not support this, but various flawed studies have had their results overstated to draw such conclusions. There is even a bias in academia in Australia against pot, based on anti-drug morality and incorrect assumptions influencing belief and causing a stubbornness to accept anything that is not bad about pot.

I want to live in a society that I can openly use pot, its a very big part of my life. Pot is a very safe drug. It is so safe that its unique among all drugs that have significant psychoactive effects. In fact its one of the safest drugs of all classes. It is potent and has a significant effect, but its safe.

Edited by cybergenesis

Looking to Kalifornia as a leader of trends for the Western World one has to wonder where the SA government is heading.

Calif is becoming quite progressive in licencing of medical marijuana growers and allow quite a lot of plants.

It seems to be totally out of step for SA to be taking this approach to growing gear.

To me it says that the leaders think the community are anti ganja.

Out of step and out of time, thats our pollies.

K

I have two years supply of lights, an a refilled filter as well as a brand new ballast. The guy at the hydro shop told me he has been selling lights like hot cakes. I don't think this is going to affect people too much. Besides, as someone else said, just get someone clean and innocent to buy for you, and if your really paranoid, you could organise a friend to set up a hydro set-up completely decked out with tomato's, chilli's, capsicums, exotic orchids and some kind of fragrant flowers. Just give them smoke that you grow for their trouble then if the police go look at them, they've got a grow room full of vegies with a carbon filter to stop the smell of the flowers wafting through their house :D