Summer Toking 2007

Summer fashions 2007

post-30-1171584320_thumb.png

OK, I had to share! After way too long I have updated my pipe (threw out all those nasty brass things..), skipped right over glass pipes and gone for a Vapor Genie (see review at this site here). Although it is suggested that this pipe be used with a Bic-style lighter I have always found these lighters only suitable for limited outdoor use (crouching behind the rainwater tank or in the shed..). If, like me, you enjoy toking on the beach or in the park you'll want to consider a windproof lighter such as the Hotery Hot-Spot (Bunnings $13 - big thanks to Tom for this one.. :peace: ) which is re-fillable and adjustable for extra-hot or -windy conditions. The flame from the Hot-Spot is the cleanest you'll find; even testing a Bic I could discern a butane-taste with the Genie.

It has taken me a few weeks of use to get my head around the Genie but now I get a good quantity/quality of vapour with no burning. It does require an attentiveness to temperature and taste that you don't need with ordinary pipes but for this little focus you get a way cleaner and totally discreet experience. Team these two with a separator grinder (Freewheelin' $28) and you're good to go anywhere. It's perhaps a tad bulky but it's a no-fail experience. What wonderful times we live in (prohibition of cannabis notwithstanding)!

ps. have owned and used an Aromazap vape for several years and regard the vapour from this pipe as comparable. Further, you don't need to be plugged in to power..

:thumbsup: Gruntus

Thoses lighters are great for the vapor genie eh mate. Plus last indefinitely with refills.

A while ago I stopped mullin for the genie tho. Not just out of laziness :peace:

See if you break off a small piece of bud and pack it in then screw down (or use pop corn bud). Lightly toast that side drawing the sweet vapor etc. Then you can screw it open and just easily turn over the bud and then toast the other side.

Its harder to do this with mull I found. Give it a try if you like. :peace:

I'm not sure about the Vapor Genie but with my Volcano vapouriser, in between hits, I simply stir the mulled up weed in the chamber with a small stick like a tooth pick or end of a satay stick. I have it quite finely mulled to increase the available surface area to release THC from.....agian, I'm not sure how the weed is packed into the Vapor Genie so this may not be a viable suggestion... Edited by BlackBeauty

The vapor genie is great.I've been using mine for a couple of months now. It did take a while to get the hang of. It's quite a different stone; more up, happy and sociable.

windproof lighter such as the Hotery Hot-Spot

I'll be down to bunnings tomorrow to get one of these.

Have you tried smoking hash through these. I squished some really flat like little corn flakes and it worked really well. With bud i normally chop it fine and stir it between draws. I will try it mullaways way and see how it goes.

The volcanos on my list. This is starting to cost heaps. :peace:

you'll want to consider a windproof lighter such as the Hotery Hot-Spot
Still using mine as a bong lighter, why the crappy yellow one when they come in black too? :helpsmilie:

Health warning, some pictures displayed by following link feature a coffee table that must be considered as harmful to stoner eyesight. Picture of my favourite bong with lighter. I use a glass stem and cone now on that bong, easier to clean and suits the bong a lot better.