• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Scarid fly larvae???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

skankmaster

skankmaster

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Hello stoners. Still trying to sort out this bug prob of me mates. Does anyone have any pics of scarid fly larvae? These little critters seem to have two little snail like eyes/antenae and jump across the surface of the water, and are white in colour. He has placed sticky traps across the top of the medium(clay balls) but has had no adults fly into it yet and has seen no adults buzzing around.
Any help would be greatly appreciated before some chemicals are used. :rolleyes:

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

(Guest) Eikel

(Guest) Eikel
  • Guests
Hi Skankmaster,

I had a Scarid-fly problem earlier on in my grow - fortunately I managed to clear them from my plants by using DM Guardian in combination with Moth-Balls hung in the grow-room.

My Scarid-Fly post has a pic I took of the larvae crawling/jumping across the surface of my potting-m ix.

skankmaster

skankmaster

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Thanks Elkel. Thing is that the bastards are so small we cannot even get a good look at em with a mag. glass!!! However, they look a bit like shore fly larvae so i am trying to get a clear pic. of scarid fly larvae.
I have heard about the neem oil treatment for these guys, what sort of ratio would you use? Me mate is getting worried they are going to take over, but like i said no sight of adults yet.

Tom

Tom

"addicted to growing"

• Members
  • 6183 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

fortunately I managed to clear them from my plants by using DM Guardian

One of the best inventions for growers yet, I use it as a standard additive to every reservoir, prevention is always better than cure.

:rolleyes:

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.