latest on NSW medical cannabis trial

Brash

Question

Latest communication from the Minister in response to my 20th May mailout (attached):

-------------------------------

7 July 2005

Dear Mr Brash,

Thank you for your letter to the NSW Government concerning the medical use of cannabis. I appreciate your ongoing interest in the issue.

As I have perviously indicated, the Government is continuing to carefully investigate the proposal for a medical Use Trial in this State.

I can advise you that late last year the Premier approached the Prime Minister with proposals for either importing or cultivating medicinal cannabis for a New South Wales Trial.

As a result we have commenced discussions with the Commonwealth Government on how to progress the Trial.

in the circumstances, I have taken the opportunity to provide a copy of your letter to the Commonwealth Minister for Health & Ageing, the Hon Tony Abbott, MP for his information.

Let me reassure you that the NSW Government is continuing to carefully explore available options for implementing a Medical Cannabis Trial in this State.

Yours sincerely

John Della Bosca, MLC

SPECIAL MINISTER OF STATE

post-2174-1121334998_thumb.gif

His position on pills & sprays ignores the fact that pharmaceuticals already come in inhalers (Ventolin) as well as a variety of other delivery modes - creams & ointments, suppository, injection, inplant, transdermal patch and drops (ear & nose) just to name a few.

I was lucky enough to meet Prof. Laurence Mather (Royal Nth Shore - pain management unit) who had been in the press a few years ago with a thing the media called 'the electronic bong'. He had been developing a dose-regulated cannabinoid nebulizer. It was in the animal testing phase - who said all animal testing was bad :devilred:

Here is a link to a story about Prof Mather as well as Dr Andrew Katelaris Catalyst (ABC) story

Edited by Brash

I was lucky enough to meet Prof. Laurence Mather (Royal Nth Shore - pain management unit) who had been in the press a few years ago with a thing the media called 'the electronic bong'. He had been developing a dose-regulated cannabinoid nebulizer. It was in the animal testing phase - who said all animal testing was bad :devilred:

Here is a link to a story about Prof Mather as well as Dr Andrew Katelaris Catalyst (ABC) story

You legend Brash, I've been looking for this guy's name for years! Cheers mate lol

A journalist with the Age, Carol Nader, who recently wrote an article about medical cannabis: The Age - 23/1/2006, tells me that NSW Health told her that the NSW and federal governments were currently in discussions about setting up a medicinal cannabis trial.

So they are STILL talking ... the original trial was to run for 4 years - nearly 3 years have passed since the announcement. I'm thinking of 'applying' to the NSW Dept of Health for an exemption to use medicinal cannabis - anyone care to join me?

Brash why don't you start a compassion club for yourself? Worst-case scenario is you go to Court - what are they going to do, kill you? lol Seriously though - I'm not hearing anything in the way of real opposition on this issue, a lot of recent no comments etc. Is there much in the way of LTE opposition in Sydney, any groups who have stated opposition to you and your fight on a personal level?

I reckon Sydney would support you mate, at the very least it would start another round of public debate and hopefully lend some scrutiny to these "talks". Do you want Misisippi schwag, some radioactive Canadian Flin Flon, maybe some Sativex....? What works for you mate?

What if we all put up some cash to help you get some ads in the paper, or supported you in LTEs to the Herald or something? Maybe there are other interested patients the people could send Brash's way, anyone with MS or HIV or a variety of cancers and inflammatory/pain conditions? You're a leader Brash, maybe you need a mob of 'past the point of no return' patients who are also at their wits end and need a decision to be made sooner rather than later?

How's the SICC going?

Guest niall

Does anyone know if Brash is still around? His website have been offline for a while and I haven't gotten any replies from email for a while now.

You ok mate?

The way I see it, Medicinal or not, the Government is too stupid to understand how many 15-20 year old kids are smoking, and smoking a lot, and then take a look at the average quality and the amount of contaminants and the methods taken to produce that crop. Then take a real good look at what really causes problems linked with marijuana.

As an addition to the OP, some of you may be interested to know that there has been a corse developed over the past few years, which will be implimented in most states, as many units, and up to a 2 year deploma. It will be run through private instatution, possibly TAFE as the (CEH) Controlled Environment Horticulture. 'Green house and Hydroponics'

Maybe this is a step toward the future, as a known statistic states over 90% of people in the industry have nothing other than practical experience.

Peace.