latest on NSW medical cannabis trial

Brash

Question

Latest communication from the Minister in response to my 20th May mailout (attached):

-------------------------------

7 July 2005

Dear Mr Brash,

Thank you for your letter to the NSW Government concerning the medical use of cannabis. I appreciate your ongoing interest in the issue.

As I have perviously indicated, the Government is continuing to carefully investigate the proposal for a medical Use Trial in this State.

I can advise you that late last year the Premier approached the Prime Minister with proposals for either importing or cultivating medicinal cannabis for a New South Wales Trial.

As a result we have commenced discussions with the Commonwealth Government on how to progress the Trial.

in the circumstances, I have taken the opportunity to provide a copy of your letter to the Commonwealth Minister for Health & Ageing, the Hon Tony Abbott, MP for his information.

Let me reassure you that the NSW Government is continuing to carefully explore available options for implementing a Medical Cannabis Trial in this State.

Yours sincerely

John Della Bosca, MLC

SPECIAL MINISTER OF STATE

post-2174-1121334998_thumb.gif

Found this while going through some old papers (dated 3 june 2004)

Prime Minister's position on Medical Cannabis:

as articulated in a letter from Gary Hardgrave, Minister assisting the Prime Minister, to my local State member, Clover Moore.

Dear Ms Moore,

Thank you for your letter of 17 May 2004 to the Prime Minister regarding the medicinal use of cannabis. The Prime Minister has asked me to reply on his behalf.

As you may be aware, the Prime Minister has previously publicly stated that, in principle, he would see merit in the use of cannabis in cases where there are no other conventional medicines available to reduce pain and provide greater comfort, provided it was prescribed in a spray or tablet form and people were not allowed to grow it.

The Australian Government expects to discuss this matter with the New South Wales Government in the near future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to the Prime Minister.

Gary Hardgrave

Edited by Brash

As you may be aware, the Prime Minister has previously publicly stated that, in principle, he would see merit in the use of cannabis in cases where there are no other conventional medicines available to reduce pain and provide greater comfort, provided it was prescribed in a spray or tablet form and people were not allowed to grow it.

so in principle he is aware that it has medicinal value, but instead of letting sick people grow their own, he'll try and force sick people to take pills and shove spray bottles up their noses, great one howard, thats using your brain :devilred:

Even if johnny howard was PM for the next 50 years (ever wondered what hell looks like? :lol: ) marijuana will remain as illegal, if not totally prohibited and punishable by death if he had his way lol im fucking sick of howard, anyone have a sniper rifle and a few rounds of ammo i could borrow?