What would you do if confronted by someone with a knife?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely the situation would dictate a response. If it's likely that you'll face that situation, then training and considering such a defense, might possibly help.

Assuming you're not armed.

Assuming i don't have whatever it is he/she wants and therefore can't just hand it over.

Assuming he/she is bigger, stronger and madder than me.

Assuming noise wont scare him/her off and that conflict is imminent..

And, knowing that death is possible from a stab wound..

Hands in your pockets straight away. Look scared, that wont be hard either. While your hands are in your pockets feel around for anything sharp, like keys, or coins. If you've got coins, throw them at the face, or line the inside of your fingers. So when you make fist there are coins, or keys sticking out.

Don't throw the mongrel the car keys.

A lighter inside a fist will strengthen it heaps too.

Now you also have weapon, which you have to decide whether and when to strike with. (ass u ming you had something in your pockets.)

If not, and push has really come to shove.. and there's no chance any other exit, shit yourself.

Reach down your pants and fling it into his/her face.

.... here's the part where you run away :scratchin:

I would say not to offer your arms into melee in a knife fight (but if it came to it better your arms than your torso, throat or head). I would only fight back if i had a weapon with better range like a heavy, hardwood broom or stick, sword or gun but having said that the consequences of using a weapon on someone can be harsh and i would only use it if there was no other way out.

I like the shit idea (one of my instructors once told me to spit but it wouldn't have the same effect as shit), even if you're cornered this might get you out.

As i said before, the best option is to run.

It would all depend on how the dumbass was holding the knife. Blade up and down at his side...I might have to think about it... but I have taken knives from men much bigger than me, so I think it has alot to do with how you were raised. I was raised to never show fear. And to always meet a threat by using a loud voice, commanding words and leaning and stepping towards the threat. When I was a little girl on the lower east side of New York I remember a man threatened my mother with a small knife, until she told him she was going to shove it up his ass. He ran away.

Predators don't generally prey on other predators.

My favorite weapon was always a pair of pliars... and you can't get arrested for them. I have never met anyone that could fight much with their nose caught in a pair of pliars.

:whistle:

it would depend on the situation and all the variables involved.

i have done formal training in what to do if attacked by a knife wielding maniac.....however if the situation arose i doubt i would risk fighting when running away is easier,safer,quicker.....discetion is the better part of valour...unless you are worried about what people would think of you running away?

the main difficulty with a situation like this is the massive levels of fear it generates within you.....the fear will make you feel small.....it will make clear thinking harder..

as Grannys' mum did...you can fight with words...is the pen(words) mightier than the sword(knife)??

you could give the person what they want...then attack them and use surprise to your advantage.

you could ask yourself why you have created this situation and what can you learn from it....during the dramatic event!!.........??....yup!!...heheheh..

you could pray for help

you could cry and beg for mercy......there are many options avaiable to you.....many more than simple fight or flight.

I was walking in New York one night, and these kids came up and one of em pulled a flick knife and asked me for my wallet. I said "thats not a knife, THIS is a knife." I pulled my blade and sliced his jacket a couple of times. Kids shit themselves and ran off. Then I shoved my tongue down Linda whatsernames throat.

true story.