What would you do if confronted by someone with a knife?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question you have to ask is "am I willing to get cut", if you are then go for it, if you aren't then run or bluff.

Each time is different depending on the circumstances, are there others that will jump in if he starts to lose, do you have a girlfriend that can't run as fast as you etc.

One thing is for sure, after eight years of Hapkido training, if some dumb fucker pulls a knife on me, they are going to learn never to pull a knife on anyone again...no fucking around..I might get hurt but they will end up in hospital.

anything under 20 i would just say fuck it especally a pack of smokes ive been cut before not stabbed but it took a dozen stiches on my back he came out worse but shit sometimes its just not worth it personally id rather stay and either fight or talk to the fucker and give him something to eat i got in a fight witha bum downtown one time and it turned out he was cool but so hard on his luck the shelters wouldnt let him in i went with him to a couple bcuz i didnt belive him but i took him home gave him a good hot meal and found a place for himto stay and told him of a friend of mine that was in charge of rehab he was trying to get off coke and herion lost everythinng bec asue of it i guess the moral is its up to you like they said above it all depends id give a guy a cig hell if he asked id give him the pack if he needed it more then me ive given the cloths off my back before but at a certin point you have to say fuck you your ass is mine

i put try and talk them out of it but in the event they dont believe im a poor dole bludger with nothing to offer them, i'd just give them what ever i have...unless its payday, the most i ever have is like $20 and a few smokes on me and if its payday, im usually in a car so no real chance of being rolled...

i belive stealing from people is wrong and that the thief should be castrated but being cut/stabbed wouldnt be all that fun, above all im not willing to endure pain for a a few items that can be replaced, just gotta remember that you dont know the person and they are just as bound to stab you after you give them what they want as they are to stab you and ask questions later :thumbdown

There are so many degrees to a situation like this.

How close are they?

Can you talk to them, will they listen?

Can you run?

There is no simple answer, i trained in a few martial arts and did some seminars in different techniques and styles and i would generaly run but sometimes the situation doesn't allow it.

The realy sad part about this is that guy put your life and his life in danger for a cigarette.

For anyone who hasn't had training i would suggest: run, if you can't run, talk, if you can't talk, give them what they want and as the absolute last resort, fight like your life is on the line, because at that stage, it is (a very rare occurance as someone would generaly need a reason to want to hurt you).

Again, i am not advocating violence but every situation is different.

i made the mistake once that i thought i could talk to the guys that were drunk and have choosen me as their victim

i lost a front tooth, the guy from the left hit me while i was talking to the guy on the right, didn't even see i coming, looked the wrong way

for what? for nothing. wrong place, wrong time in the wrong mental state

had a lots to drink, more than enough to smoke a a few lines of devil's daindruff... fat, dumb and happy... till these two guys came over.

lucky me they didn't have a knife

next time? if i have the option to hit em first, thats whats its gonna be, otherwise, i'll run like hell

mace

I choose run because you do not know this guy is not a head case and is gonna stab ya after you give hime what he wants. Thinking about it it would be sota hard to stab someone while trying to chase them.

Iam not a small guy and can definatly handle myself in a fight but up againt a knife its not worh it, if you do get in a fight against a knife, use the back of your hand and arm to try and block/deflect the blade as it will hurt but not be lethal, at least thats what i learnt.

i know what your saying but i dont think i could give him a cigerette just because people like that disgust me. Its almost as though i would fight him before i turn anything over, these people are getting too cockey and the chances are theyll be pretty shaken up if you stand up to them. And the chances are if he has a knife then the chances of him getting seriously hurt is higher than if he didn't. Although if you cant defend your self then learn, but for the meantime run.

if u carry knives always carry two.

get his knife by any means possible. my other option would be learn how to use throwing knives. even if they kick the shit outta you on the ground, they aren't going to get far. the other option is a french chefs knife. fairly big but if you know how to hide em u can have them all the time. Two butterflys is definitely the best bet.