world wide strike

if properly organized would you strike against bush&iraq  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

B)

.................in that case, count me out. I don't understand the logic, the connection, or the relevance, that self-harm has with fuel prices.

What you are proposing can only further the pain.

Personally, I'd like to see what the majority of Iraqis are working towards, which is; getting enough local police and army trained to cope with the level of lawlessness left behind as a result of the power vacuum created from the removal of a malevolent dictator, so as to get their abundant oil reserves onto the world market unhindered, to take up the lack of supply verses demand ratio. This is what will bring the price of crude oil down.

With Iraq offline, Saudi is currently the biggest producer of crude, and they are at full production. Iraq has reserves far greater than any other country. The Gulf of Mexico was hit by hurricanes last week resulting in several rigs and refineries to shut down temporarily. These are what has led to the rise of oil, and the recent record peak.

Agreed, it only hurts you. Besides, the USA has over an 11 trillion dollar economy, so you and a few million of your friends could stay home forever, and it wouldn't make a difference.

yeah i know i was high when i had the idea askeda stoned buddy what he had to say and wrote it and tried to defend it but anm giving up ther is pride in addmiting your wrong sometimes but not always but we really do need to find a way to get bush and chaney out of office i would rather bush then the later by far but both of them are just wrong :thumbdown

but dont forget the numbers on ths poll and i didnt vote

B) :smoke not war

Edited by fsagertyaef

Striking over the war in Iraq would be like shooting yourself in the foot, and the war will continue until the oil is under American control. I beleive that the answer to a lot of todays problems lies in the developement of alternative fuel.

Gas from the Australian owned natural gas reserves off the coast of east Timor is being sold to the Chinese in a multi billion dollar contract while Australians still rely on arab oil :peace: ....why???

Sugar cane farmers are doing it tough in Queensland because of falling world sugar prices but are not allowed to produce ethanol from the cane which could provide almost half of Queenslands fuel needs

There are many other alternatives to filthy oil eg. Hydrogen, ethanol, propane, natural gas and a few others.

Arabs with or without their oil wealth will amount to nothing, most of the revenue is controlled by either dictators or greedy arab royalty and the ordinary poor arab in the street, because of their religious brainwashing and constraints are not sharp enough to do anything about it.

Trying to educate them, giving them a free democratic society and a better life and some human rights for their women at the expense of our brave soldiers is like (example) "giving strawberries to pigs".

Five billion dollars a week is being spent on the war in Iraq, this money could have been spent on developing enviromentaly cleaner alternative fuels.