Eikel's cloning method.

Guest Eikel

Guest Eikel

Just noticed your post...

may i just say thank you i was looking for a good cloneing how to im about to take cuttings and i ahd no idea how to now i know every single thing i need to do

Of course you may say thanks, infact you're invited to :P

But seriously, I'm glad you were helped by this tute. Almost everything I've learnt about growing has come from the community at the boards here at OzStoners - I'm just trying to give back some of the knowledge I've gained from the members that are so willing to help - like Tom and F420 for instance :D

But I cut the clones so that a node goes in to the cube. Not just a stalk.

It seems to like it done that way.  

Do you know why this makes a difference?

my hyrdo guy just told me something aobut that i was talking to him about taking clones and got some clonex thanks for the tip he as said it had the best rep but back to the pointi will find out more info but heres what it breaks down to when you put the node under the soil it turns to roots if its above the soil and i think he said oxadizes but that doesnt sound right but if they are above the ground tey turn into stems hope this help in some way ill post when i go back tommarow

Guest Eikel
About time this topic was pinned I think. :thumbsup Good one EIkel.

Heh, awsome! Thanks Tom!

Ok, so I promised to update when the first clone had shown roots, well, 7 days later and not one of them has shown roots, damned plants proving me a liar! ;)

So here's some pics of some clones that were "prepared earlier".

Here's an AK47 that's just been transplanted into a pot of Perlite after showing 1cm roots from it's cube:

post-4190-1120368320_thumb.jpg

Guest Eikel

And here's a white-skunk that's just started rooting, it's roots still haven't penetrated the cube however. This one is in the larger 2.5" rockwool.

If you look near where the stem enters the cube you'll see some white fuzzyness, I've noticed this fuzzy stuff growing on the roots of almost all my plants, I figure it's some sort of symbiotic organism that keeps the roots healthy, introduced by nutes or one of the additives I've been using.

post-4190-1120368635_thumb.jpg

Guest Eikel
And here are the clones from the tute, no roots yet, but I'll let you know as soon as they show. The plants are a little wilted because I've just opened the 3rd vent to the humi-crib in the last 48 hours. The slow opening of the vents gradually stimulates the plant to focus more and more on growing roots by dropping the humidity.

post-4190-1120368857_thumb.jpg

It just adds another surface for roots to strike, although some argue that it causes irregular root growth and therefor is a bad thing. :scratchin

great thread!

I don't think its bad for roots

but to me it was the difference was that i could take less clones and/or took more plantmaterial(and stressing the donor more) when buring a node in the medium for no reason, i don't mind plug cuts.

the temps are a big factor for me, in summer, with constantly 26C they'd all root in between 7-10 days once i had my environment dialed in. In winter, with 20C, up to 21 days and some wouldn't make it. that, and the condition of the donor plant, some say less N before taking cuttings, for sure it should be healthy and happy ;)

• Oz unpinned this topic