yellowing leaves

Microbial is good f420, but if ya got a really bad infection you have 2 bring out the big guns. I found microbial will kill a new infestation, but this case sounds like a full hive of lava.

Microbial is the best preventive measure ive seen. The only down side of microbial is that it kills good fungi and good vacteria, which ive been really keen on using latley to increase plant yeild and taste.

Now the damage is done I would use "drench" first, then zym to remove the dead roots and ritzotonic to build new root system.

After that peroid is finish you could use microbial 2 stop reinfection.

You can usually tell you have lava because some of em end up in resi - look like small maggot.

Microbail also allows ya run a slightly higher res temp and not get phythrium virus on ya roots - really helpful if the resi is in ya room.

Jack

scraid fly drench
Microbial RTC

where can i get those products? payday is tomorrow so atleast the sacrid fly drench is on the shopping list, hopefully i'll be able to afford both ^_^

Would use canna ritzotonic and feed the plant that as it will help rebuild the root system also use zym to help clear away the damaged roots.

i'll pickup a 250mL bottle of each hopefully tomorrow, if i cant afford them tomorrow, will have to wait another 2 weeks :thumbdown

I found microbial will kill a new infestation, but this case sounds like a full hive of lava.

dude u have no idea :) when i submerged the plants in the bath, i was looking at the surface of the soil as the water rised and i watched literally thousands of maggots drown :P was scary to think that, that many maggots could live in a single pot but i downed them good...the coco had no where nearly as many but still managed to get a few hundred maggots out of each....the infestation drastically reduced after that probably because i wiped out 3/4 of their babies and then gave a dose of neem gold but they came back and are at the stage where i really need to kill them off quickly and effeciently...

btw, the soil plant was a hash plant, the rhinos are all in coco...hash plant has since been kicked outside as the fungus gnats seem to prefer soil over coco and it was carrying the most bugs :angry:

thanks for all the help guys, i just hope im as much help to you one day :yingyang

i managed to get into the hydro shop today only to find out they are fucking off the hydro part of the store to convert it into pet supplies like the rest of the store :)

none the less, i asked them if the had sacrid fly drentch and they said that it was taken off the market 6 months or so ago because it wasnt meant to be used in hydro :thumbdown i was then told to buy some "Maverik" pesticide and they didnt even have any in stock ^_^

so i then went to woolies, low and behold they are pretty much out of everything in teh gardening section :thumbdown i just hope big w has some when i stop in to buy the pots in the morning, if not it looks like a trip to the nursery for me :P

is there any places you guys know of that sell sacrid fly drentch, DM guardian or Maverik? because at the moment, im unable to find anything like that unless the nursery has some :thumbdown

hey bro,

they still make "scraid fly drench", but if ya having trouble findind it try some neem oil. Really good at stopping them from feeding on the roots and they starve to death.

If the infestation is that bad - would consider removing plants from the coco and wash roots clean and replanting in some new coco or clayballs, then dosing with neem/zym/ritzotonic

Thousands of lava --- sounds really bad mate.

Jack

they still make "scraid fly drench", but if ya having trouble findind it try some neem oil. Really good at stopping them from feeding on the roots and they starve to death.

went to like 5 different shops looking for that stuff yesterday and have come to the conclusion i will not be able to obtain it :thumbdown i bought some neem gold a few weeks back, it whooped them for like 2 days, they came back with a vegence even after multiple sprays a few days apart, i think these ones might be immune to neem :thumbdown

If the infestation is that bad - would consider removing plants from the coco and wash roots clean and replanting in some new coco or clayballs, then dosing with neem/zym/ritzotonic

i considered doing that, untill i relised the plants were just starting their 4th week of flowering in 50L pots....i cant afford to replace the medium for starters, secondly i wouldnt want to risk doing more damage than whats already been done and knowing my luck, i'll kill the plants in the process :thumbdown

i eventually gave up looking for sacrid fly drentch and DM guardian when i arrived at this nursery thats not too far from me, the guy said that his shop doesnt stock them but suggested i try a product called "Natrasoap" its a mite and insect spray with the active constituent being 285g/L potassium salts of fatty acids, its also meant to be fully organic and usuable on crops that are to be eaten....sounds pretty good but i would have much rathered coming across the sacrid fly drentch :thumbdown

active constituent being 285g/L potassium salts of fatty acids

does that sound like it would be good for hydro? im just thinking salt of any kind shouldnt be near the plants but im still a newbie to the growing scene and have no idea ^_^ but as long as it kills the bugs, i guess if salt buildup is a problem, a good flushing will be in order...