yellowing leaves

my white rhino plants are starting to turn yellow :thumbdown the damage starts at the top of the plants where the most light is being absorbed which could really hurt my yield if i dont get this problem fixed soon B)

the leaf starts to go a lighter green colour than the lower leaves, then the tips start going yellow, working its way to the stem then the leaf just falls off when touched :thumbdown

i have been advised to buy some cannazyme by my mate but i would prefer to get multiple opinions on what the problem could be and how to fix it before i fork out any cash just incase the cannazyme is a waste of time to me...

thanks in advance, lets just hope i can save this crop :peace:

forgot to mention that pH is around 5.8 - 6.2, they are in 50L pot in a mix of perlite/coco at a rate of about 50/50, they are in 2 wardrobes put back to back with a total area of about 1.4m wide, about 1.2m deep and around 1.7m high. They are under a 400watt hps son-t agro using a china man hat reflector and have been under 12/12 for about 2 weeks now and i have buds forming all over the place :peace: oh and im using experts choice hydro coco bloom a+b and gave them a dose of MegaBudPlus a week ago...

dont think i left anything out but if i did, just let me know in your reply and i'll get the info needed B)

sorry about not being able to put a picture up, camera is still in the pawn shop :P

Sorry mate .. never used that medium before ... pretty early for mega bud plus i would have thought though ... are you supposed to use that stuff throughout flowering ??? I would have thought you only use that from about midway (wk4) on.

pH sounds right but that's the pH of the solution in the rez right ... have you tried measuring the ph & EC of the runoff ??

I know salt likes to stick to the perlite a treat and if you don't flush regularly then the feed that your plants ends up getting could be higher than your rez is telling you. (Salts in rez + salt build up in medium)

Trying pouring a watering can full of plain water through one of the pots and measuring the runoff - you may be surprised to see it measure fairly high - if it is i'd say your probs are related to over fert / toxicity not pH.

Maybe someone who uses coco might have some other clue as to what it is ... good luck matey

Tugboat ^_^

Hey bro,

Fist thing 2 do is rule out PH & EC, which you have done.

Next, rule out that the roots are OK. - they dont have root rot from over watering or scarid fly infection or phythrium virus from from nutes temp 2 high.

Next ----if the above are OK ---and your roots are snow white then it has 2 be the nutrients themselves u are using.

Coco has its own needs because it soaks up more calcium and can upset the ionic balance if your not using the right nutes.

Would reccomend using canna coco or dutch master coco or advanced nutrients coco - I know for a fact these actually work.

Also with Coco be cafefull when adding additives as this can also screw up the ionic balance.

I would flush the hole setup with plain water - and go and buy some canna coco nutes/ritzotonic/zym/pk13-14. -look on the canna website 4 feed charts, as follwoing manufactures instructions in very important.

Hope this helps

Jack

pretty early for mega bud plus i would have thought though ... are you supposed to use that stuff throughout flowering ??? I would have thought you only use that from about midway (wk4) on.

yeah its meant to be used around the middle of flowering, only once or twice as well but i figured since my plants stems were purple, i would give them a nice dose of P and K to try and fix the colour up as they seemed slightly deficient :thumbdown

pH sounds right but that's the pH of the solution in the rez right ... have you tried measuring the ph & EC of the runoff ??

im hand watering, no rez is being used which i should have said before :) but i have measured the run off from the pots and its exactly the same as the water im giving the plants, maybe slightly higher but the pH test still comes out the same sorta piss colour....also i dont have a truncheon or how ever they are spelt so i cant measure the EC :thumbdown

I know salt likes to stick to the perlite a treat and if you don't flush regularly then the feed that your plants ends up getting could be higher than your rez is telling you. (Salts in rez + salt build up in medium)

i have been slack and only flushed them a few times at around 3 week intervals, but i have flushed them with around 80L of water per pot each of those times, i also pH adjusted the water i was flushing them with to around 5.8 to avoid any problems with nutes being locked out...i dont think much salt would still be stuck to the perlite after massive flushes like that but i could be wrong.

Could it be a nitrogen deficit?

well i checked out the link tom supplied (thanks champ) and my plants really do resemble the dying leaves :scratchin they are turning yellow from the tip, working its way to the stem and the lower leaves are still extremely lush and green...i just cant work out for the life of me why the plants are doing it.

Next, rule out that the roots are OK. - they dont have root rot from over watering or scarid fly infection or phythrium virus from from nutes temp 2 high.

i have a sacrid fly infestation which im sure has atleast something to do with my problems :thumbdown i have tried neem gold + a few other things to get rid of them including submerging the plants to drown them and they keep coming back :angry: there will be no getting rid of them untill i harvest the plants and stop growing for a week or 2...i dont think its a virus either, if it was it would be affecting the plants alot more so than what is happening now so im happy.

Next ----if the above are OK ---and your roots are snow white then it has 2 be the nutrients themselves u are using.

Coco has its own needs because it soaks up more calcium and can upset the ionic balance if your not using the right nutes.

Would reccomend using canna coco or dutch master coco or advanced nutrients coco - I know for a fact these actually work.

the nutes im using were specifically designed to be used in hydroponic grows where coco is the medium, well according to the lable anyways ;) i intended on buying canna nutes but the lazy ass hydro shop never updated its web site and i went in to buy some 1L bottles only to find out they only have 5L bottles and were not getting any more 1L lots in for another month or so :thumbdown I have seen the nutes im using now grow the same strain and everything for that matter without any problems, they are even literally in the same setup, just at my place not my friends...he said that he had a simular problem and took a leaf into the hydro shop...he was told to buy some product that would clear it up (piss head cant remember the name and never showed me the bottle :P) so i was guessing and he thinks it was cannazyme that fixed it up for him, am buying a bottle of it on wednesday unless someone tells me to buy some other product but i cannot afford to buy nutes untill my next grow at all :thumbdown

I would flush the hole setup with plain water - and go and buy some canna coco nutes/ritzotonic/zym/pk13-14. -look on the canna website 4 feed charts, as follwoing manufactures instructions in very important.

my next grow will hopefully be using only canna products, i intended on using them for both my first and second grows, i doubt i will take no for an answer for my 3rd :P i have been to the site, sussed out the products and the only one i dont want is the mould grower for the medium, seriously they say that the mould will prevent other kinds of mould from growing and will aid in plant growth, imo no mould = good mould...

thanks for all the help guys, its highly appriciated, hopefully i'll get this shit worked out soon ^_^

You can get a scarid fly drench but that must be used without anything else in the water and the plants need to be well flushed both before and after using it as it can kill your plants if it reacts with the nutrients, another thing you could try is Dutch Master Guardian which I have also seen wipe out scarid fly/fungus gnat infestations. I would use one of them asap as the fungus gnats (scarid fly young) attack the root system and will eventually kill the plants.

^_^

Scraid fly infection can really fuck ya crop up if ya let it. And they grow so quickly.

You got 2 kill the infection first before the zym will work as the zym will help turn dead roots into usable nutes.

Neem oil will work and is a natural insecticide - but if ya want fast results get "scraid fly drench" as this will kill the lava fast. Repeat dose after about 14 days 2 kill any eggs that hatched.

Would use canna ritzotonic and feed the plant that as it will help rebuild the root system also use zym to help clear away the damaged roots.

Hope this helps mate

Jack