hermaphrodite

sols

hmmm

about 10 years ago or so i was told the best way to check if a plant is fem/male/heme is the leaf size (width of the leaf fingers) if they were long and slender it should be fem if they are fat and short should be male of herme but whenever males/hermes are discussed these days it's always the way to tell is said by the appearance of flowers so does this mean that it's untrue you can tell by leaf widths/lengths ?

Short fat leaves usually mean that the plant is Indica dominant, long thin leaves are a Sativa trait.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Sinsemilla, all female plants are the ones you want. Hermaphroditism is a potency reducing as well as pure female screwing factor. A hermie is dangerous in the mj garden, as one male flower contains more than enough pollen to severely seed your females, and from that point on, it's a ride downhill on the potency drop out express....

Hermies can be smoked, but they're generally considered on par with seeded bud. They're usually seeded themselves, but if your careful and you have a plant just throwing out a few male flowers rather than a full on explosion, you can pick them off before maturity and shedding of pollen and thus maintain a sinse garden. This bud would be considered better than a seeded hermie, but it's a nerve wracking experience having to pick out male flowers each day and hoping you never miss one. :wacko:

Long story short, a hermie is a plant you don't want in the garden because it looks like a girl, smells like a girl and even sometimes smokes like a girl, but will go about systematically screwing every other girl in your plot, and thus take their concentration off their main task. i.e. making thc. ;)

Hope that helps. ;)

I found all the hermies sprouted grapes (male flowers) when they where stressed. After growing 50 from seed I found all the ladies under the HiD never wavered though the girls under the flouro's (no room) sprang grapes everywhere with only four out of seventeen staying %100 female. The sixteen under the 600 watt Hid stayed female though clones taken from clones (several generations later) and I saw the cloned seedlings spring grapes after three days in the dark during a freinds' renovation. So to 'test' a hermie (why as it so DANGEROUS??) just leave a cutting in a glass in the dark for a week. If it springs both grapes and white spikes it's a hermie. I have also read where people bag a single branch with a similar affect as it blocks the light and stresses the branch into promoting the autosomes to make grapes. But other than big time gardeners stick to the cuttings as one ripe grape can make over 10,000 seeds, instead of the buds you wanted. i.e. don't grow hermies.

Hard to tell. Need a closer shot. Check for white hairs and it's a girl, grapes (little nubs on the end of a stalk) and it's a boy. Both hermie, usually a branch will be one or the other but hermies also have both on the same node. You can tell by looking at the prehensiles or so I'm told. Kill it if it's a hermie as the insects/wind can vector it for kilometers.

• Oz unpinned this topic