• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

hermaphrodite

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Tom

Tom

"addicted to growing"

• Members
  • 6183 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
The pollen pods on the right and in the junction with the leaf are the unopened male flowers.

Posted Image Posted Image

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Pete

Pete

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 Posts:
Can you tell whether a hermi is gonna produce male or female seeds if ya didn't notice what gender it was before it went hermi??

lol Pete

sols

sols

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
g'day; a hermie can give all female seed or it can also give all hermie seed.
from my experience, hermie looks fem , growing pistils then filling out, then male starts to come thru and usually pollinates before you catch it, if not alert.
i advise kill all hermies with no exceptions (ok, if you use gibberellic acid, just be careful with it).

IMO, feminising seed is de-evolution.it can not be good to improve genetic diversity.
use this method for breeding.....

Attached Files

-----Knowledge is wasted if not shared-----

(Guest) Urbanhog

(Guest) Urbanhog
  • Guests
Hey Tom,

here's the pic as you requested to be added here... :P

Cheers,

Urbanhog Posted Image

Attached Files

johnnyreeferseed

johnnyreeferseed

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
don't mess with hermies unless you are well into bud and there are very few flowers. in this case, just pull off the offending flowers and discard them. urbanhogs hermie looks like it may be worth saving, but sols' pic is an all out hermie. if it has as many male parts as female parts, or even more than a handful, i would suggest getting rid of it.
jrs :D

Chronicon

Chronicon

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000w
hmmm
about 10 years ago or so i was told the best way to check if a plant is fem/male/heme is the leaf size (width of the leaf fingers) if they were long and slender it should be fem if they are fat and short should be male of herme but whenever males/hermes are discussed these days it's always the way to tell is said by the appearance of flowers so does this mean that it's untrue you can tell by leaf widths/lengths ?

white_cluster

white_cluster

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1523 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

hmmm
about 10 years ago or so i was told the best way to check if a plant is fem/male/heme is the leaf size (width of the leaf fingers) if they were long and slender it should be fem if they are fat and short should be male of herme but whenever males/hermes are discussed these days it's always the way to tell is said by the appearance of flowers so does this mean that it's untrue you can tell by leaf widths/lengths ?

Leaf structure has nothing to do with the sex of a plant, with some strains the male plants will have longer internodes making them taller. But usually males and females will look exactly the same until the flowers set in.
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering , 1946.

pipeman

pipeman

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5649 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
yeah Chronicon what you were told is completely untrue as WC said. But there are some who still claim plants can be sexed before flower. The obvious one is preflowers, but there are other factors like nodes have a chunky joint on females but not on males, males will show alternating nodes earlier and males tend to be taller and skinnier. I don't really know how true any of this is, I do know that the only male of my first crop was noticeably taller and skinnier than the rest though.

Chronicon

Chronicon

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000w
ok :rolleyes:

Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

Jedi Knight of Botanic Order

• Members
  • 5631 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
What pipe said, with the added piece that some are investigating whether the position of the stipe (The little spur that comes out before even the preflowers on the nodes) has anything to do with early sexing... ;) I'm not sure where I saw that, maybe on og or something, but they had a decent case for it... Not sure how hermies would be identifyable this way tho, as most will tell ya that stress can turn otherwise happy high class females into self pollinating hillbillies in no time, so this may not be the best method... :rolleyes:

Just something I thought I'd add...

Great shots of hermie here too, we need one with open male flowers tho, so those newbies who've never seen one can spot it... ;)
"Having reviewed all the material available to us we find ourselves in agreement with the conclusion reached by the Indian hemp Drugs Commission appointed by the Government of India (1893-1894) and the New York Mayor's Committee on Marihuana (1944), that the long-term consumption of cannabis in 'moderate' doses has no harmful effects"
The Wooton Report, 1969

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.