Prefered Starting Point

What do you prefer to grow from ?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clones

They're quicker (my clones are vegged under flo's, only 7 - 10 days veg under a HID, just enough to settle in), there's no stuffing around with sexing and you have a predictable and repeatable outcome.

It also lets you see how your growing technique is improving taking out the genetic variations that influence your yield.

I do however like to keep a stock of seed available as a backup incase the clones have to go, it's also easier to transport seeds. But still, it has to be clones.

the main reasons why i prefer starting from seed ...

- it's not easy to obtain clones, you have to know ppl who know ppl etc (or at least grow out a lot of seeds to find a keeper for yourself), whereas seeds are easy to get, from virtually every strain on the planet

- i get tired of a strain after smoking a couple ounces of it, I prefer variety

- to keep a mother you need a permanent pot to keep it in veg which means you cant use that pot to grow anything else

- no need for a separate cloning/rooting chamber

- it's exciting not knowing exactly what you're going to get, like waiting to open your presents on Xmas Day, and you must just stumble across a killer pheno

To avoid any bad runs of males i use feminised seeds every 2nd or 3rd germination, which i've had great success with, i just wish there were more feminised varieties to choose from

Edited by Dave The Nefarious

for turn around i like clones, however i dont take the clones from a mother, i take them from the plants i am growing at the time. usually from the lower branches when i trim the undergrowth out, maybe 1 week into flowering. that gives the clones around 3 weeks to root out and veg for the rest to settle right in. after 3 grows like this i start from seed again so i keep the genetics right no loss of potency or yeild. also over the years i used to regularly do a grow for seed something i want to start doing again and build my own seed bank supply( all donations greatly accepted ) :peace:

post-11220-1179313512_thumb.jpg

Who? Lil ol' me?

First I gotta finish my 'drobe... smile.gif

I got Mr's 'blessing' today too. I'm over the moon about it, altho there's a catch...

Not until we move! :thumbsup:

I don't blame him tho. I don't want to grow while I'm living here anyway. Too risky imho.

Cheers.

~M.

Can't wait. You'll get the growing bug. Be very careful when you don't have a grow going it just doesn't feel right[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk