Prefered Starting Point
Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:58 PM
They're quicker (my clones are vegged under flo's, only 7 - 10 days veg under a HID, just enough to settle in), there's no stuffing around with sexing and you have a predictable and repeatable outcome.
It also lets you see how your growing technique is improving taking out the genetic variations that influence your yield.
I do however like to keep a stock of seed available as a backup incase the clones have to go, it's also easier to transport seeds. But still, it has to be clones.
Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:06 PM
- it's not easy to obtain clones, you have to know ppl who know ppl etc (or at least grow out a lot of seeds to find a keeper for yourself), whereas seeds are easy to get, from virtually every strain on the planet
- i get tired of a strain after smoking a couple ounces of it, I prefer variety
- to keep a mother you need a permanent pot to keep it in veg which means you cant use that pot to grow anything else
- no need for a separate cloning/rooting chamber
- it's exciting not knowing exactly what you're going to get, like waiting to open your presents on Xmas Day, and you must just stumble across a killer pheno
To avoid any bad runs of males i use feminised seeds every 2nd or 3rd germination, which i've had great success with, i just wish there were more feminised varieties to choose from
Edited by Dave The Nefarious, 20 March 2007 - 04:08 PM.
Dave chooses Indycar for all his custom Photoshop needs
Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:06 PM
Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:01 PM
Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:07 PM
Hopefully down the line I will 'play' with clones and wot not tho.
If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!
"you can't score here, this is bufo country" - Chato.
>> OzStoners Community Rules. <<
>> Read them, learn them, love them, or GTFO. <<
Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:32 AM
For myself, clones win, but it's always true to say that even the greatest clone on earth once was a seedling..... Nothing new comes from clones, but that said, there's a hell of a lot of strains out there so you could certainly do it that way for your entire growing life if you wanted...
The Wooton Report, 1969
Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:42 AM
Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:41 AM
Can't wait. You'll get the growing bug. Be very careful when you don't have a grow going it just doesn't feel right
Who? Lil ol' me?
First I gotta finish my 'drobe...
I got Mr's 'blessing' today too. I'm over the moon about it, altho there's a catch...
Not until we move!
I don't blame him tho. I don't want to grow while I'm living here anyway. Too risky imho.
Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk