• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Prefered Starting Point

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you prefer to grow from ? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you prefer to grow from ?

1. Seeds (19 votes [46.34%])

Percentage of vote: 46.34%

2. Clones (22 votes [53.66%])

Percentage of vote: 53.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

bud_man19

bud_man19

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
seed cos i cant clone :scratchin:
WE ARE THE GREEN ARMY, THEY WILL NEVER STOP US!

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Pacaman

Pacaman

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 Posts:
  • Interests:my Garden
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 400 watt Son-t (MH conversion bulb for Veg)
Clones

They're quicker (my clones are vegged under flo's, only 7 - 10 days veg under a HID, just enough to settle in), there's no stuffing around with sexing and you have a predictable and repeatable outcome.

It also lets you see how your growing technique is improving taking out the genetic variations that influence your yield.

I do however like to keep a stock of seed available as a backup incase the clones have to go, it's also easier to transport seeds. But still, it has to be clones.

Dave The Nefarious

Dave The Nefarious

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 Posts:
  • Interests:Some Lesser-Known Dave Facts:<br />* Dave likes ham.<br />* The last book Dave read was shit.<br />* Dave's bin night is Thursday, and he is hoping to meet other people with similar bin nights &amp; interests.<br />* Dave's favourite pizza is vegetarian with beef, ham, bacon and pepperoni.<br />* Dave goes for the West Coast Eagles, who fly high in every sense of the word.<br />* Dave is connected to the Internet via an intricate network of string and milo tins.<br />* Dave has have never beaten a computer at chess, but has with Minesweeper.<br />* Dave scrunches some and folds the rest - he enjoys the best of both worlds.<br />* Dave doesn't take profiles seriously enough.<br />* Dave likes to write autobiographies about other people.<br />* Dave is right-handed but is ambidextrous when it comes to cutlery.<br />* Dave uses a humidifier and a dehumidifier in his grow room and just lets them fight it out.<br />* Dave likes shirts that you never have to iron.<br />* Dave's favourite colour is transparent.<br />* Dave's favourite movie is Revenge Of The Nerds.<br />* Dave hasn't been to primary school since grade 7.<br />* Dave plays guitar and the triangle, sometimes in unison.<br />* Dave's mum thinks he's &quot;special&quot;.<br />* Dave's favourite dance is the watersprinkler.<br />* Dave doesn't have a MySpace page. (Technicallity: Dave has no friends).<br />* Dave's local Chinese restaurant doesn't bloody deliver.<br />* Dave grew up with 3 sisters and 0 brothers. Ask him anything about Home &amp; Away.<br />* Dave is a keen inventor, although hasn't invented anything yet.
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
the main reasons why i prefer starting from seed ...
- it's not easy to obtain clones, you have to know ppl who know ppl etc (or at least grow out a lot of seeds to find a keeper for yourself), whereas seeds are easy to get, from virtually every strain on the planet
- i get tired of a strain after smoking a couple ounces of it, I prefer variety
- to keep a mother you need a permanent pot to keep it in veg which means you cant use that pot to grow anything else
- no need for a separate cloning/rooting chamber
- it's exciting not knowing exactly what you're going to get, like waiting to open your presents on Xmas Day, and you must just stumble across a killer pheno

To avoid any bad runs of males i use feminised seeds every 2nd or 3rd germination, which i've had great success with, i just wish there were more feminised varieties to choose from

Edited by Dave The Nefarious, 20 March 2007 - 04:08 PM.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/Indycar_bucket/DtN.gif
Dave chooses Indycar for all his custom Photoshop needs

urbanfarmer

urbanfarmer

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 Posts:
  • Interests:life and living things:need to grow more compact crop for my security and comfort. Medicinal use.
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun and 600 w HPS

I chose seed.

Clones are still okay though.

I'm one for seeds, I worry about ongoing genetic diversity with clones from clones, etc
Dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope.........Furry Freak Brothers

sunnycoaststoner

sunnycoaststoner

Totally Smashed Off My Face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1099 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Law Reform, Legalization, Cannabis Research,
    Herbal Medicine (hoping to incorporate cannabis into herbal medicine legally). Growing and development of Medical Strains.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: 400w and 600w hps. home built grow cupboard 1.2 by 1.2 by 2m, 4 50lt pots in a recirculating system
for turn around i like clones, however i dont take the clones from a mother, i take them from the plants i am growing at the time. usually from the lower branches when i trim the undergrowth out, maybe 1 week into flowering. that gives the clones around 3 weeks to root out and veg for the rest to settle right in. after 3 grows like this i start from seed again so i keep the genetics right no loss of potency or yeild. also over the years i used to regularly do a grow for seed something i want to start doing again and build my own seed bank supply( all donations greatly accepted ) :peace:

Attached Files

Rose Gardener

Rose Gardener

Serial Plant Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2344 Posts:
  • Interests:Gardening, animals, music, coffee, and of course, cannabis.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Well I won't vote coz I have never grown, but when I do I will be starting with seed.
Hopefully down the line I will 'play' with clones and wot not tho. :)

Cheers.
:thumbsup: ~M.
Rose - Forever the Gardener.

If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!

"you can't score here, this is bufo country" - Chato.

>> OzStoners Community Rules. <<
>> Read them, learn them, love them, or GTFO. <<

Posted Image Posted Image

Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

Jedi Knight of Botanic Order

• Members
  • 5631 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
:thumbsup: Well? Get to it!

For myself, clones win, but it's always true to say that even the greatest clone on earth once was a seedling..... Nothing new comes from clones, but that said, there's a hell of a lot of strains out there so you could certainly do it that way for your entire growing life if you wanted...

:)
"Having reviewed all the material available to us we find ourselves in agreement with the conclusion reached by the Indian hemp Drugs Commission appointed by the Government of India (1893-1894) and the New York Mayor's Committee on Marihuana (1944), that the long-term consumption of cannabis in 'moderate' doses has no harmful effects"
The Wooton Report, 1969

Rose Gardener

Rose Gardener

Serial Plant Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2344 Posts:
  • Interests:Gardening, animals, music, coffee, and of course, cannabis.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

:) Well? Get to it!

Who? Lil ol' me?

First I gotta finish my 'drobe... :)

I got Mr's 'blessing' today too. I'm over the moon about it, altho there's a catch...
Not until we move! :thumbsup:

I don't blame him tho. I don't want to grow while I'm living here anyway. Too risky imho.

Cheers.
~M.

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1779 Posts:

Who? Lil ol' me?

First I gotta finish my 'drobe... smile.gif

I got Mr's 'blessing' today too. I'm over the moon about it, altho there's a catch...
Not until we move! :thumbsup:

I don't blame him tho. I don't want to grow while I'm living here anyway. Too risky imho.

Cheers.
~M.

Can't wait. You'll get the growing bug. Be very careful when you don't have a grow going it just doesn't feel right

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8119 Posts:
It was 12 yrs ago aqua
They probably commercial growers by now

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.