Creating a Mother plant

What is an idiot proof way to germinate seeds?

How do I germinate seeds?

Uncle Bens sure fire seed germination method

How can I make my seedlings stem stronger?

joe's seed germination technique

How can I tell if my bag seeds are healthy?

Vegemite's seed germination technique

Why are seeds different colours?

Is there a faster way to germinate seeds? (Scarification)

The merits of transplanting seedlings deeply

Desiccant and its uses

KiDKiND's germination technique

Vapour's Rockwool germination technique

How do I germinate seeds in soil?

How do I use Oxy-Plus for seed germination?

http://www.overgrow.com/faq/browse.php?topic=166

I usually start them off in potting mix and then transfer them to a 60/40 perlite/vermiculite hydro set-up, I use a spray bottle to wash the soil off the roots.

Since I have discovered roockwools,I just put the seeds inside the rockwool, I just wait for them to pop up, it’s easier and less hassle, as once they popped up, I just simply transfer them into the 50/50 mix.

Sounds easier than my way hog, could you post the details in the hydro forum? I'll have to give it a try.

:)

One more question. I've heard that if you keep cloning clones then the quality and quantity produced decreases each time, therefore do I need a sperate housing for a mother plant, and what lighting should i maintain so that flowering does not occur? or does trimming back the flowers have the same effect?

Once again thanks for all of your sound advice it is great help, still nervous though and hope everything will turn out alright on the night.

Holyreality

I've heard that if you keep cloning clones then the quality and quantity produced decreases each time

I've found that it's more likely that you are building up a tolerance to that strain, you know this is happening when you are still straight while others in the session are off their faces.

do I need a sperate housing for a mother plant, and what lighting should i maintain so that flowering does not occur?

That's two questions but that's ok. Yes you will need separate home for your mother(s) and they will need 18/6 or more.

Guest Urbanhog
I usually start them off in potting mix and then transfer them to a 60/40 perlite/vermiculite hydro set-up, I use a spray bottle to wash the soil off the roots.

Since I have discovered roockwools,I just put the seeds inside the rockwool, I just wait for them to pop up, it’s easier and less hassle, as once they popped up, I just simply transfer them into the 50/50 mix.

Sounds easier than my way hog, could you post the details in the hydro forum? I'll have to give it a try.

No worries Tom, I will take some piccies with my digtial camera, starting from seeds in rockwool cubes to transfer in small pots after Xmas... :D to give fellow newbies a better idea, as I find easier to learn in visual way, like most people I assume. :)

Cheers, Urbanhog :P