Canna, Substra or Terra?

Only use the PK as an additive in the last weeks, using it throughout the whole bloom period, (as I found out the hard way after being convinced otherwise by someone) will likely result in losing nutes generally. Just exchange a weeks worth of nutes about 3 weeks before harvest with PK @ 1ml/L and you should be fine, then go back to normal regeime.

Less more often is better than more less often, take it easy on the nutes and you should be fine.

When you do a flush, you'll want to put through more water than you normally would, it's done about every two weeks or so. Say about 30 liters for a 15l pot. Should eventually run clear, or read about the same ec on a truncheon/ec meter as the water which went in.

Good to see someone researching this stuff, it can be easy to just throw yourself into things too quickly without checking and double checking what should/could be done. Good luck. :D

I use both heavy wieght and pk 13-14 they are ecentially the same but I was toldand have seen for myself now it is benificial for different parts of the cycle

I use 1/2 strengh heavy weight as directed ( the first 3 weeks of flowering , and then use the pk-13 14 around week 6, have been very happy with my results but sayign that I was happy before the heavy weight to and adding it does add to the cost of the grow , I had half a bottle left of it initially which is why I tried it out and I liked it so I kept it up so far :D

Thansk guys this is awesome i'm really getting some clarity on how to go about this whole process :D

"Less more often is better than more less often, take it easy on the nutes and you should be fine."

So a light watering every day with 1/2 strength nutes? Thats just a guess but kind of the impression I get from your post...

I'm getting 4 clones from stonedas but will only grow 3 max... if all make it through to vegging do you think it would be a good idea to give 3 a conservative amount of nutes, and then the 4th one (which I won't keep) give it heaps until it burns so I can know the limits of my particular plants? Sounds like a very scientific approach to me :D

Like Luke I also use PK 13-14 at week 3 or 4 ON ITS OWN- no nutes. Make sure your CF or EC is still the same (around 24 / 2.4) this is roughly 1ml per litre.

I don't know what the fuss is about regards to Canna being hard to use. You pour it into a measuring glass, check the level and chuck it in your res. Exactly same routine as in other nutes. PH doesn't fluctuate any more than any other brand IMO. Hydrocentre pretty much steer you to a product that has a higher mark up. To say that Canna is shit is just totally ridiculous and very unprofessional. I am not saying it is a miracle nute, but it certainly is not shit. But then I wouldn't expect anything else from a company that has on more than one occasion sold me

incompatible equipment accompanied by inferior advice. They have lost me.

I agree with the opinion of Bud pounder being a good nute as I was very pleased with result, but it could also be the strain, conditions etc.

Good Luck!

Like Luke I also use PK 13-14 at week 3 or 4 ON ITS OWN- no nutes

I havent tried doing it with no nutes, How does leaving the nutes out effect it more than just putting it in the res? :scratchin

Hydrocentre pretty much steer you to a product that has a higher mark up.

What shop doesnt? they are all there to make money.

I dont buy my stuff from them either anymore, but just because Im not near them anymore.

But I never had problems with them, :)

True that scott was one person that warned me about canna, but then I also was told by two other shops I get stuff from??

Like I said though, I havent used it and i will try it next grow. :thumbsup

Have trouble understanding people having trouble growing the best of plants with ease using canna.You dont need all additives except pk13/14.I can understand getting used to a quality nutrient and not wanting to change.There are plenty i want to give a go but IMO the buds i get using canna are better than most you see on you tube etc.Sure theres plenty of quality nutes that would give me same results but better....who knows?

IMO canna is only suitable to experianced growers.

I have seen problem after problem with canna nutes and they will never be allowed a spot in my grow room.

I would rather see you get some dutch master, or GH nutes untill you have done a couple of grows.

Also I hate coco with a passion, it brought all sorts of bugs in to the grow room and I only used it for one plant. which was a male.

never again.

Dutch master is back yard piss water. Total trash shit... Clearly some tash person pushing there shit nutes.

Coco... this dick dont know shit. Some trash grower that doesnt kjeep a clean room.