Canna, Substra or Terra?

Hmmmm, interesting topic. I use dutchmaster, with top results. Never have used canna, although I'd like to put it to the test. How about the next grow (which will be a couple of months away unfortunatley :D ) I use the 2 nutrients, and split the GR in half to compare the difference :scratchin Be interesting to see anyway. I personally don't think there would be a hell of a lot of difference between the 2, and I like to support Australian Made products if I can, be it in the kitchen or GR :D

Ok so Ferengi You've convinced me to go aussie made... the place i'm getting everything else from (hydrocentre.com.au) only has budpounder of the ones you mentioned... but you said its now experts choice... i'm assuming its the same stuff if they have it listed as budpounder anyway.

So say I go for that... then maybe some Canna PK13/14 for flowering.... sounds good to you?

Perfect mate,

Bud pounder had to change its name to experts choice.

The experts choice also changed slightly.

Mate honestly give the budpounder/experts choice a shot, you wont be disapointed.

Whilst your there ask Scott to ask his Mrs what his and her thoughts are on the cannas.

Scotts Mrs is a botanist or horticulralist or some shit :D

he was one of the people who talked me out of the Canna.

yup, what Chev said. :D

Buy the smaller bottles, then next grow you can try the canna and compare for yourself.

You may be one of those people that it works good for, But I hear over and over again that its better to use when you have a couple of grows behind you.

The potash fattens the buds nicely.

:thumbsup :D

Just one, they're both essentially the same thing, the heavyweight being 13-15 and the PK being obviously 13-14.

The heavyweight is a bit more concentrated, and makes up more per L than the PK.

Potash should be used in the last 3 weeks of your cycle, depending on strain. Just use the heavyweight, @ 1mL/L, and run this solution for five days, never allowing the concentration to rise above 1400ppm/2.0 ec. If it does raise above this, simply dilute with more water, or remove some solution as well.

If PK is used during the entire cycle, it can knock out some other elements from solution. Also, PK additives are quite alkaline, so always recheck your pH levels. :D

Weight Plus has a P:K of 9:17, which may well make it more pH stable, I don't know. Whether it would give as good results could only be tested with time and experimentation.

Potash additives are used because even the best nutrient on the market simply cannot provide the concentrations of Phosphorus and Potassium that MJ, and many other plants, can really handle if pushed. These concentrations also affect nutrient chemistry substantially, so should really be used by themselves, or at very low concentrations as a generalised additive to your nutrient solution.

So i should be right with just the day-to-day ferts plus PK13/14 later on? I'm doing a pretty simple grow here, nothing commercial just want an average size harvest :D

So for a basic feeding system does this sound ok? I'm trying to keep it simple (I'm not the brightest fellow)

- No nutes for first week or so due to nutes in soil

- Water + grow nutes every 2nd or 3rd day after that, depending on soil wetness. Periodic pH checking.

- No nutes for one watering every 2 weeks (is this the right way to do a regular flush?)

- Then PK13/14 + Bloom nutes for flower phase (Regular checking of pH levels!!), still flushing every 2 weeks, then nothing but water for the last 2 weeks before harvest

Did I miss anything important? Thanks heaps for your help guys you're all amazing!

Edited by instink