Canna, Substra or Terra?

Hey guys. I'm a bit confused as to which form of Canna I should get. I'll just be growing in soil, using normal water, indoor, hopefully using just the canna to feed them (and some PK13-14 later)

Initially I thought the Terra would be the right choice but after reading the Canna site I'm thinkint the Substra... but everyone here seems to say the substra is for rockwool etc not ordinary soil

Any thoughts?

I would say go terra or alternativly just the Canna vega/flores

it isn't available info wise on thier site but you would be lucky to find a hydro shop that didn't stock it as it's the standard canna nutrient and sells the most out of them

edit

I would still really sugest mabey even doign one of them coco to see what you get from it and see if you like it , it can be reused a few times aswell gettign better on the seccond run not worse so it's cost effecive aswell , the stuff from cocopeat.com and canna are nothign more than HIGH quality hydro dirts made up of peat , coir and a shitload of helpfull aditives and bactiria a cop won't pick the difference in your soil if thats what really concerns you , cops see dirt as dirt

IMO canna is only suitable to experianced growers.

I have seen problem after problem with canna nutes and they will never be allowed a spot in my grow room.

I would rather see you get some dutch master, or GH nutes untill you have done a couple of grows.

Also I hate coco with a passion, it brought all sorts of bugs in to the grow room and I only used it for one plant. which was a male.

never again.

The substra is the standard vega and flores range. For soil cultivation you'd be best off with terra.

IMO canna is only suitable to experianced growers.

I have seen problem after problem with canna nutes and they will never be allowed a spot in my grow room.

I must disagree there. Have you used them? I'd be far more inclined to trust a company like canna with it's roots in holland than one which has been implicated in the possible poisoning of thousands of home growers with dubious products like DM.

In the end, most nutes are similar, and you're paying for either quality or importation costs. Canna in oz are going to be bringing out a locally manufactured version of their nutrients soon as I understand, which will be closer to the pricing of most other nutrients available in australia.

The major difference between the various nutrients is slight alteration of the nutrient formula to account for the particular method, like AQUA for recirculating/water systems, and Terra for Soil, Coco for Cocopeat, etc, and in the concentrations of the nutrients overall. (AQUA is about twice the strength of substra.)

I must disagree there. Have you used them? I'd be far more inclined to trust a company like canna with it's roots in holland than one which has been implicated in the possible poisoning of thousands of home growers with dubious products like DM.

In the end, most nutes are similar, and you're paying for either quality or importation costs

No, I havent used them in any of my grows. I keep meaning to as I do want to try them.

However I did see a couple of people using them in their grows and they suffered because these people didnt keep a constant eye on everything.

Some people just cant be bothered, or have better things to do :D

Plus like you said, the nutes are all bascially the same things. The only difference is that your paying for water from Amsterdam.

Is their water that much superior to ours??

DM is just a easy to use no bullshit, aussie made nutrient, which is readily available.

yea they had a bad product, but they fixed it and re-released it, no big deal.

Theres other ones made IN australia like-

Amsterdamn indoors, experts choice etc that have aussie water them. eg- The experts choice is desinged for australian council reg town supply water.

it contains the buffers etc to suit normal aussie tap water.

Ive tried alot of different nutes, but im currently vegging with amsterdamn indoors and flowering with Experts choice.

However I did see a couple of people using them in their grows and they suffered because these people didnt keep a constant eye on everything.

Some people just cant be bothered, or have better things to do :D

I have found canna nutes a piece of piss to use and have had great results ... even in systems without automation and regular flushing (i.e very berry grow) .... if a grower can't be bothered to check in on the plants and give them a flush when required then you can hardly put it down to Canna for a poor grow ... blame the grower. I dont think plants grown with Canna nutes require any more attention than plants grown with other nutes ...

:D

Part of the cost for Canna also comes from the extremely valuable research they do in greenhouses and indoors with actual MJ, as well as the higher quality of nutrient ions. They have EDDHA and DTPA iron chelates in their AQUA, amongst other chelates, making the iron still available to the plants upto about pH 10, as opposed to Iron EDTA which is severely curtailed @ pH 6.5, which isn't very high at all.

In holland, canna have strain specific nutrient lines, which as they are overtly designed for MJ, aren't available here. But the fact that they've created "haze" nutes, amongst others, inclines me to believe they know wtf they're doing.

if a grower can't be bothered to check in on the plants and give them a flush when required then you can hardly put it down to Canna for a poor grow ... blame the grower.

And no nutrient will compensate for poor growing either.

Plus like you said, the nutes are all bascially the same things.

In the end, most nutes are similar, and you're paying for either quality or importation costs

Two different statements there. I should have added "research" but that's been put in here.

Is their water that much superior to ours??

No, but their industry is. And yeah, it probably is superior water quality, as they have larger facilities to create and research their nutrient mixes, and subsequently test them in real circumstances. Australias water is pretty shite actually, with most cities producing ec's of over .4 from the tap.

Ive tried alot of different nutes, but im currently vegging with amsterdamn indoors and flowering with Experts choice.

The end of the line is, if it's working for you, stick with it. If it's not, change over. If you want to experiment, by all means do so, but knocking something you haven't tried....

Nutrients, in the end, are only one of several limiting factors which determine your yeilds. Better quality, better technology and better research can mean that one nutrient works better than another, but it won't, and can't, make a bad grow room, grow good plants.

oh ferengio gets a boot in the ass ::D:

Its as easy as this-

Canna must be a good nutrient, however every single time I have walked in to a hydro shop to buy it. im always told how shitty it is and not to waste my money.

I have seen people do grows with it and have problems.

they then switch to a decent brand and they power on without any problems.

I have seen this in 3 different people grows.

Its neglected plants that hate the canna, Mine are not neglected I spend more time in there than I do in the living room :D.

but yea like ya said mate, If its working then leave it alone.

myself Im not fussed in what nutrient I use because it gives the plants all the same things.

Also the Experts choice is also made for MJ it used to be named Bud Pounder.

infact almost every nutrients on the market has been tested and tweeked to suit MJ.

they just cant advertise the fact or the feds will start looking for grow rooms.

Aushydro (bud pounder, Experts choice), Advanced nutrients, Xtream are all nutrients that were tested and designed for MJ growing.

they are all chelated nutrients and the experts choice has EDDHA and DTPA iron chelates.

The fact that its tested on MJ means nothing, the nutrients are designed to grow plants.

At the end of the day the story is this-

Any nutrient will grow a plant, its up to the grower to make sure that the plant doesnt suffer from incorrect PH levels, etc.

Canna is not made for Australian conditions either.

I cannot understand why people buy a more expensive product that does the same thing as all of the others eg it grows plants.

When there are so many good australian brands available.

the more we back our fellow aussies the more they will spend time and money to make sure they have a superior product range.

post-2802-1110496454_thumb.gif