Lighting Chart

Gidday

That's all well & good...

But for those of us who use fluros...

I'm running 2x100watters, 1x2700K & 1x6400K

The 2700 provides the red lumen's & the 6400 the blue.

2700 also provides heat. (You can hold the 6400 after it fully heats up.)

Cupboard runs at around 28-32C.

Now... I run these lights at approx 3-4" above the canopy. I've got no idea if this is right but it seems to work.

Now you wanna see close? lmao

Grow people grow. Keep the THC lines alive. lol

I like you! My veg cab is all CFLs plus 2 big red LED stoplights for color, and I keep the lights a little further away because I've found that they grow so fast that sometimes they grow right into the lights and I'll burn a leaf once in awhile. No big deal only the part that touches gets burned, but I want to be careful.

I also add CFLs to my HPS in flower, and the results are great!

Go tell us about yeself so we can all say Hi!

Thx Luke, Thx Granny.

It's in there Luke. You just missed it. lol hehe

Iv scorched a few myself Granny. I check em at least twice a day (I'm an excited expectant father :bongon:

Some took off week before last & got a bit friendly with th lights (just the tips of a few leaves. Horny girls!)

Anyway I stripped her down to the rest of the canopy & now it's all catching up nicely.

So there goes the "Ya hafta run fluros close to grow any good" statement out the back door.

Those pics in my last post... I raised the light about 1/2" last wk compared to 6" the wk b4. (She drank 9lts last wk & did sweet F.A... until Sun.)

I'll turn them when its all level again (in the next 2 wks or so.) making it about 10-12". (Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together? :bongon:

I should get bout 2 1/2-3 Oz which is what we expected. (The next 1 is all organised. Expected yield... bout 5. lol

1st pic is start of July... It's been a long road...

post-13748-1191999403_thumb.jpg

Now as soon as I added the 2nd light she took off. The 2nd pic(7sep), 3rd pic (17sep) & 4th pic(21sep). Notice the dates. It started growing almost at a HPS rate. (ALMOST!)

post-13748-1192002874_thumb.jpgpost-13748-1191999330_thumb.jpgpost-13748-1191999363_thumb.jpg

Sooooooooooooo that being the case... I reckon fluros are ALMOST as good as HPS as far as "light penetration goes."

(I'm NOT knocking HPS!)

Where does that leave the light chart? My lights are rated @ 100w ea. The manufacturer reckons that they put out equivalent to 400w ea. That's 800w running at 2-4" without burning or bleaching..? Ya gotta love that!

Fuck that took 4 ever to type!

Edited by WantDaChronic

Sure you want your picture there dude? I can remove it if you want....

I highly doubt that the 100w compacts are capable of putting out the same amount of light as a 400w. A 400w incandescent maybe, but definitely not a 400w hps. The comparison is a little fictitious in that way, and I hope they (grow lush) don't expect people to be happy when they don't put out even 1/4 of a hps 400w....

My 130w ones only put out 12,000 odd lumens, about the same as 1/4 of a 400w hps....

The light charts directly refer to lumens, and are only comparing various hps sources, which put out a lot of heat. You'll note the 150w hps, (which will still out perform the fluoros) isn't producing over illumination at 4 inches....

So it leaves the chart useless for fluoros, compact, t5, whatever really. It's about HID HPS lamps. lol

Great looking bubs man, you keeping a grow diary?

Hey Luke...

Am I that ugly that you want my pic gone..? lmao

"So it leaves the chart useless for fluoros, compact, t5, whatever really. It's about HID HPS lamps. smile.gif"

(Yeah it does leave it useless. ;) Story of my life really. lmao I really shouldn't type these things when I'm stoned.)

"Where does that leave the light chart? My lights are rated @ 100w ea. The manufacturer reckons that they put out equivalent to 400w ea. That's 800w running at 2-4" without burning or bleaching..? Ya gotta love that!"

(800w @ 2-4" SOUNDS gr8 doesn't it? lmao 1200 even better. B)

But the fact is if these lights were as good as a HPS light everyone would be using them & HPS would be out the back door.

Not gunna happen in my lifetime as far as I know.)

I did only say that it was "ALMOST as good as HPS as far as "light penetration goes." with an "I reckon" in front of that. lmao

I reckon I can fly sometimes when I'm stoned. lmao

I kinda figured it wasn't actually light penetration that made her grow. It was the climate change. (Duh!!! :rolleyes: ;))

These lights of mine penetrate approx 6-8" max making HPS far superior for making big buds... but what makes the buds tight?

I just added the 3rd light ready for flowering next week. (fingers crossed.)

& yeah I'm keeping a diary of sorts.

post-13748-1192354344_thumb.jpg

post-13748-1192354387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biatch

Dammit I missed the pic...

But those are some BEAUTIFUL girls!

I found adding Pirhana, and feeding that with organic sugar helped my buds put on weight.

And then a flower hardener made them nice and dense.

Some kind of red "mulch" on the floor will help add red as the lights reflect it up.

I have the plastic stuff and I love the way it works on my tomatos outdoors. I

swear the fruit ripens faster with it. It can't hurt.

They DO make colored CFLs!

I have a blue one on my porch and it lights up everything in a really bright blue light!

:rolleyes:

• Oz unpinned this topic