Lighting Chart

don't know where the figures came from, have 600w and if plant goes anywhere

near 12 inches from the light it bleaches badly, yet chart says 8 inch is optimal.

There is no heat issue, have cool tubes, air con when I need it, thermometer reads

26 degrees celsius, but they still bleach at anywhere near that distance, on a

couple of different strains as well.

I've always just put them as close as my hand could take the heat! Still fried some tops that way when they bolted on me one day...

Gotta keep an eye on those girls!

Nice chart though it's a keeper! Thnx!

Edited by Granny

I have a 600 cool tube and I have to get the lamp within 4-6 inches (10cm) before it bleaches badly. :wacko: Had some touching the glass for a while there with only minor bleaching. Mind you, I had a spreader underneath after I got that and that cleared it up.

There is another very relevant point though, that some peeps run their lights high all the time. This may be effective enough when there is a minimal head height required like sog or if you have excellent reflection, but you'll always get a lot more effect from your lamps the closer they can run to the plants. One has to acclimatise them, of course, but once they're used to a higher light level they'll power on like no tomorrow.

Gidday

That's all well & good...

But for those of us who use fluros...

I'm running 2x100watters, 1x2700K & 1x6400K

The 2700 provides the red lumen's & the 6400 the blue.

2700 also provides heat. (You can hold the 6400 after it fully heats up.)

Cupboard runs at around 28-32C.

Now... I run these lights at approx 3-4" above the canopy. I've got no idea if this is right but it seems to work.

Now you wanna see close? lmao

post-13748-1191921314_thumb.jpgpost-13748-1191921426_thumb.jpg

Grow people grow. Keep the THC lines alive. :D

Edited by Biatch

Yeah, they have to actually touch one of those to burn... love em.

Got a couple of 48w daylights in the corners of the main room to help with outer canopy, really want to get about 3 of the 130w Spectrum lamps in the same spots, perhaps one in the middle...

You can probably run the lamps closer if you wanted, but if they're growing reasonably quickly, and I've found that they do, it's not a bad idea to give a bit of headspace, and shouldn't drastically affect light levels. Well, the difference between 2-4 inches prob won't, but 2-10 would....

btw, welcome to the forums biatch, I musta missed your dr livingston thread?

• Oz unpinned this topic