New guy looking for help and answers

tommyp

Yea, I pretty much knew either your measurements were wrong or you're gonna try growing in a computer case lol

Let us know what your 'hydro shop' man has to say and what your mate thinks. There's lot's of additives and potions that some will swear by, a tonic for this and a booster for that and they all cost extra.

Here's my advice, learn your setup, get the basics right then you can start adding potions and tonics. By getting your basics set you learn when your plants doing OK and when it's not.

Some people go adding a bit of this, adding a bit of that, then if there is plant decline they're never sure which potion did the harm. Adding 'this with that' can make some additives toxic.

You may hear lines like 'This will BOOST your yield by 100%' or 'This will make it turn to flower quicker..." and some of these potions do work, but the chemicals they leave behind can be SUPER nasty, especially when smoked.

Some potions don't even have a list of their contents, a legal requirement, stuff like that should be a BIG, FLASHING warning sign. 'Ohh, it's a secret recipe...' WHY? The recipe maybe secret but what's in it must be listed, by law. If some kid drinks the stuff the medicos need to know what chemicals are involved. There are also chemicals called PGR's (Plant Growth Regulators) and they can work great on your grandmother's roses, but the chemicals involved are carcinogens, they cause cancer. They can make grandma's roses HUGE, but go smoking that stuff.... Nasty.

Personally, I use a one part nutrient. Just shake the bottle and add. None of this mixing 'Part  A' with 'Part B'. No potions nor tonics. Nice and simple. An EC stick to measure salts and a pH test kit. Nice and simple.

As I said previously "I know of people who spent thousands on equipment..." and given up (Not that I've minded, as I've become the beneficiary ie they've given me there kit). This is why I say start small, learn, then expand. 

Merl1n

I use a small 60CM X 60CM X 160cm tent as it fits in the space I have with a LED viparspectra light. Stays good on temps and will yield around 3-4 ounces. I would follow others advice and start with a couple of plants on the first run. Get a feel for the genetics and how they like to grow. More plants can mean when problems arise its much harder to resolve. Every grow is a new learning experience but extremely rewarding. Good luck and touch base when you have questions