Hepa filters

g'day all :)

doing a bit of a clean and finally pulled off the hepa filter to replace it. i think this one was on for around 2 years. my setup requires venting inside, so the hepa is positioned at the end of the exhaust. air was pushed through the cf before first use and coal dust cleaned off. overall, happy that it's doing it's job, but might replace it every year from now on.

post-14354-0-16541200-1638764451_thumb.jpg

post-14354-0-31514000-1638764469_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

hi merl1n :)

the hepa filter was used for 3 grows mate (in two years) and the carbon filter around 5 grows (over 3 years).

i mostly grow in a sealed room and normally check the hepa filter after each grow - they usually collect bugger all dust from the CF and can be used for a a fair few grows.

was very surprised this time round that the hepa filter caught that much dust from the carbon filter - even double checked the hepa airflow direction. the carbon filter might have been bashed around a bit during a couple of moves, but i made sure to run some air through it before connecting the system up, which normally gets rid of any loose dust.

i got lazy checking the hepa filter though. will definitely be checking them after each grow from now on and also have a back-up hepa, just in case.

don't want coal dust in a room.

• Upvote 1