Please help! Lights didn’t go on in Veg

For some reason my timer didn’t flick my lights on today, and I didn’t spot it until 8hrs after she was due to wake up.

She’s on 18/6 now, and I’m nowhere near ready to flip her (she’s just gone thru her first manifold, so there’s barely anything to her).

I got her light back on as soon I noticed it; I guess what I want to know is do I switch her back off at her regular time? I don’t mind pushing her lighting schedule back a bit if that’ll help…

Or do I have to switch her to 12/12 now? It’s my first grow, and I’m worried I screwed it :/

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Being in 18/6 the plant can be fairly forgiving. If she was in 12/12, it'd be a bit more of concern, but only being 8hrs, you should be OK. Just get her back onto her 'normal' cycle.

Is your timer a digital timer or an analogue?

I recommend you use an analogue, the one with the wheel/dial rather than the digital. The digital timers often have a battery to keep time, when the battery dies (usually in the middle of the night) you don't know.

If you use an analogue, there is no battery needed. When it looses power the wheel stops until its power is restored.

Being in 18/6 the plant can be fairly forgiving. If she was in 12/12, it'd be a bit more of concern, but only being 8hrs, you should be OK. Just get her back onto her 'normal' cycle.

Is your timer a digital timer or an analogue?

I recommend you use an analogue, the one with the wheel/dial rather than the digital. The digital timers often have a battery to keep time, when the battery dies (usually in the middle of the night) you don't know.

If you use an analogue, there is no battery needed. When it looses power the wheel stops until its power is restored.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply. Everything I read was conflicting, from ‘she’ll be male now’/‘she’ll be going straight into flower’ to ‘no problemo’, so I was freaking out that she was dark for 14hrs instead of 6!

As soon as it happened I thought ‘this is why I should have gone analogue’ /facepalm. I figured I’d be alright with the Mirabella Genio automated one, but apparently not. I’ll swap her onto an analogue controller asap.

Is there anything I need to keep an eye out on over the next couple of days?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I had an incident where my safety switch popped in my shed and I'd gone up to the river overnight, so there was lots of fuck, fuck, fuck being said

But I got her all back into my 18/6 cycle hoped, prayed and begged everything would be OK and, luckily for me, it was. I can assure you I too was shitting bricks.

"Is there anything I need to keep an eye out on over the next couple of days?"

Keep an eye out that she doesn't throw out any balls, but honestly, in 18/6 you should be OK.

This growing game is a learning process, anybody who tells you they know it all is full of shit. We all have incidents/errors we make along the way and so long as you learn from them, they are not a wasted experience.