femmed fresh seeds not popping

There is no logic to this mate.

Have had very viable beans in terms of appearance fail.

Generally, I have been wasted, hopeful, and not pressed or squeezed hard enough on the plate...then they get through your own quality control.

Only to disappoint yourself, or friends you have slung them to.

Doesn't sound like that could have happened here.

Temperature..maybe...

Spaghetti Monster.

i grow in a living soil & reuse it , in fact the same soil has something growing in it constantly , maybe not always canna 

sterilization would be the last thing you'd want to do , killing the soil life can only produce negative effects to plants

microorganisms protect plants from pests & pathogens & feed plants by converting organic matter into plant available nutrients

plants are constantly trying to attract soil life to root systems for the 2 reasons above as well as many other reasons

how else do plants survive in a forest , how do trees get to be 100 years old , no human runs down to bunnings for a bottle

of fertilizer to feed them or neem oil to spray on them  

of cause if you constantly over water soil which means you exclude air form the system your plant will have pest & disease problems

because the anaerobic pathogens will take over , this will stress the plant & the one thing pests look to attack are unhealthy stressed plants

ever heard of mycorrhizae fungi , most who use it suggest inoculating your plants with it at the earliest time possible , like rolling your seeds in it 

b4 germinating them 

here are some tomato seed starts form a couple of seasons ago i inoculated with a DIY bokashi i made 

post-50689-0-22749200-1642204288_thumb.jpg

there is millions if not billions of organisms in just a hand full of soil , a human gut has them , they are on your skin , in your mouth , up your nose 

there are more organisms on & in you than you have human cells , they play a massive roll in keeping you happy & healthy as they do for plants 

better to work with them than against them  

• Upvote 1