F@#k Cancer..

I deleted this post once all ready because i thought maybe I should keep this private but no I think i should let you all know and see what's happening.

Ok so over the past year or two i had this scab on the top of my head that got worse over the years, I never got it checked and it got worse and worse over time. Being an old school country bush hick male in his late 40's i thought all was good and it would go away but no..

Went to the doctors for a separate issue and if my daughter didn't bring up the sore on my head I probably would of just let it go like many times before and never addressed the issue. 

I have been feeling not well for a while and am having bad headaches feeling tired and sore and having more frequent seizures so something was not right.

Had surgery a last week to see what type it is so i will let you know what they say.

post-59652-0-94970600-1617256802_thumb.j

Please don't be a stubborn little shit like me and leave it to the last minute and dont

think you are untochabable because your are not....

Take care please.

Cheers.

OMD.

• Upvote 6

Been wanting to go get my moles checked for a few years now, healthsystem is an absolute fuckin mess

Been wanting to quit ciggies for the last 5 years, healthsystem is a fuckin mess

Been wanting to quit certain medications, had to strongarm the healthsystem to get what i needed

Live in a shitty town that been ravaged by privatization and only now coming out the other end

I'm waiting patiently but getting sick and tired of watching people die of preventable illness.

You only get looked after if you have private health insurance or you get thrown in prison (which is a problem in and of itself that needs sorting out)

Actually I'll take that back, you only get looked after once you are on your deathbed.

Edited by benn0

Aww shit, Dallas. I'm really sorry to hear this, cancer sucks arse, but I am so glad your daughter brought it up. 

I have scans and bloods tomorrow pre my quarterly checkup with the oncologist... so far (touch wood) it's all been good. Treatments have come a long way in the last few years.

All the best mate xx 

• Upvote 2