• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Demon bug ID please?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jimgub

jimgub

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS or the sun
  • Fav. Nutrients:Professors nutrients or canna

Hey folks,

Been noticing some patchy light trails about 2mm wide showing up over my leaves over the past few weeks, its a White Lightning, outdoors in central Vic and probably in its last 2 weeks of flower.

Attached File  Photo Resizer 2021_03_26_04_54_58.jpg   432.05K   12 downloads

Started out on a few of the lower shade leaves but spread across most of the bigger leaves now. Plant had been sprayed with a neem solution leading up to flowering but none for the last 8 weeks or so. Looks like little trails where whatever these bugs are have been tunnelling inside the leaves or eating it through from the underside. 

Attached File  Photo Resizer 2021_03_26_04_55_41.jpg   186.05K   10 downloads

Attached File  Photo Resizer 2021_03_26_04_54_12.jpg   259.57K   10 downloads

When I look on the underside of the leaves I can see some tiny bugs and eggs, can't really see them without the jewellers loupe but I tried to get a few pics nonetheless. Apologies for the blur, these things really are tiny!

Attached File  Screenshot_20210326-172239_Gallery.jpg   90K   10 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot_20210326-172228_Gallery.jpg   93.23K   10 downloads

Not too worried for now, I suspect ill be pulling it in the next week or so, just wondering what they are so I can possibly mitigate the issue before I go again next season. There is also a Vanilla Kush planted right beside it, they both went out the same time about 10 weeks ago but the Kush seems to be far less affected by the bugs strangely enough seeing as though they're hanging about a foot apart. I don't get a lot of time to spend on them so it kind of snuck up on me! 

Cheers folks! 

Jimgub

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Lighting: All

They are spider mites under your leaves..

they will make tiny pin hole size white dots on the leaves .

but you’ve also got something else eating them ,leaving those wiggly trails..could be thrips ,,,,maybe.

I wouldn’t worry much if your pulling the plant soon ...

jimgub

jimgub

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS or the sun
  • Fav. Nutrients:Professors nutrients or canna

Thanks mate, dang spider mites... I had a feeling.... I was a bit confused though as yeah the spider mites don't tend to leave the little trails to my knowledge so it had me a bit buggered! Thanks for the prompt advice :) need to go for a ladybug hunt...

Yeah not too concerned, its just good to pin it down so I know what I'm in for next time. Main thing now is, keep them out of the tent!

Cheers man much appreciated!

Jimgub 

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.

The trails could also be leaf miners. A bug that gets into the leaf, yes into the leaf and munches on all that good sap. They are not really a problem. I would concentrate on getting rid of the spider mites. they are a more serious problem. That plant or branch near the brickwork looks like a couple of buds could have mold. If the darkened spots on the buds look dead or dying cut them off as it will be mold, try not to disturb the mold (if that is what it is) as the spores will spread. Or do nothing and take a closer picture of the dark spots and put the pics here so you can get opinions from others in here but it looks like mold to me.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8095 Posts:
Look closer brick , different plant , its purple i can't see mould

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.