some promising news

There is a lot more to this than just calculating mortality rates. No-one wants to experience being so short of breath they require assistance of any kind. Long Covid is increasingly being recognised as a factor to consider as is the development of further mutations or variants in large unvaccinated pools (petri dishes).

It is great to do your best to make an informed decision, unfortunately for some people their primary source of information is youtube and shock jocks.

Congrats on your decision. I wish you well.

currently waiting on my 2nd AZ shot.

I don't think you read what I wrote, Mick. 

I only listed the TTS risk associated with the AZ vaccine, because most of the people I know are resistant to vaccination because of the media around blood clots. I was trying to demonstrate that this is a very, very small risk for most people.   

At most risk are younger women, thus my final comment, if I was a younger woman... I might not have been so keen to use this particular vaccine. I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't roll up my sleeve for any vaccine, just that I might be a little more wary of the AZ vaccine.

I've had both jabs and enough time has passed that I should have developed enough antibodies to mean I don't die if/when I am infected with covid. That doesn't mean I have dropped any of the precautionary measures... I'm still staying home, wearing masks, washing my hands frequently, and maintaining 2 wombats distance between me and anyone else. 

because the vaccine dose not mean you won't get covid ever or you won't possibly die from it if you do get it after vaccination 

the question was put to a doctor who's name escapes me at the moment on talkback radio this morning 

" we eradicated polio with a vaccine , will the currant covid vaccine eradicate sars-cov-2 " 

answer , no it won't , & added , you can still get c19 if vaccinated & it is still possible to die from it 

of cause the suggestion was you would still be better placed to avoid hospitalization & death with a vaccine than without one   

Yeah maybe, maybe not

40% ppl hospitalized in UK that have had 2 vaccinations, John Rahm ,fully vaccinated , 2 time times tested positive

No guarantees

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK’s chief scientific adviser, has announced that around 40% of people being admitted to hospital with COVID in the UK have been vaccinated. And according to the latest Public Health England data, around 15% of those being hospitalised have had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine. At the time of writing, 88% of UK adults have had a first dose and 69% a second. 

Its a numbers game where no individual gets a 100% guarantee but the numbers clearly show that vaccines are working.

And the original quote was incorrect...  This article was amended on July 28 to correct an error that said that Sir Patrick Vallance had claimed that 40% of hospitalised COVID-19 patients had been double vaccinated. He in fact said that 60% of hospitalised patients were unvaccinated, with the remainder being made up of both single- and double-vaccinated patients.

Heres the link with refs attached

https://theconversation.com/covid-the-reason-cases-are-rising-among-the-double-vaccinated-its-not-because-vaccines-arent-working-164797

Ta

Mick

If that's the case Lou , apart from maybe some self assuring, what benefits did we get getting the vaccine if we still have to go through the same protocols as those who haven't

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Immunisation results in lower rates of viral replication, which leads to lower rates of transmission and less severe illness. The benefits are cumulative, but before we see much change in the way we (as individuals) are required to live (eg masks, QR codes, lockdowns) we need a fuckton of people vaccinated.

Regarding your most recent post... Jon Rahm's first positive was within a week of him beginning the vaccination process (he was not, as you say "fully vaccinated"). His testing pre the Olympics were salivary, antibody and PCR. He passed 2 and failed the most sensitive. It is possible that he is still shedding viral particles from the infection detected in June. It is also possible (although much less likely) that he has been re-infected. 

No one is saying vaccination is blanket cover. Infection rates are much lower among the vaccinated, viral loads are much lower in vaccinated individuals, transmissions are lower from vaccinated people and vaccinated people experience lower rates of serious disease. 

Lastly, 60% of covid admissions in the UK are among the unvaccinated. I'd be curious to know where you came up with the 40% figure.

I think that was an error in the original interview .....And the original quote was incorrect...  This article was amended on July 28 to correct an error that said that Sir Patrick Vallance had claimed that 40% of hospitalised COVID-19 patients had been double vaccinated. He in fact said that 60% of hospitalised patients were unvaccinated, with the remainder being made up of both single- and double-vaccinated patients.

Mick