some promising news

People are free to make their own decisions. My parents in their 80s were both advised bu their GP to have the vaccination, and have had astrazeneca.

I'm in my late 50s and am waiting for pfizer, but to be honest, I think I am being stupid, and probably should just get astrazeneca. The chances of blood clotting are miniscule. What you need to weigh up is the fact that getting Coronavirus also increases your risks of blood clotting, far higher than a vaccine ever will. I think with astrazeneca your chance of dying from blood clotting is one in a million.

Don't take my word for it;

European Respiratory Journal

From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, this disease has been associated with frequent thrombotic complications, due to the direct effects of the virus on the endothelium and to the “cytokine storm” following the host's immune response [23]. In a recent meta-analysis of 102 studies involving 64 503 patients, the frequency of COVID-19-related venous thromboembolism was as high as 14.7%

Consequently, since the COVID-19 vaccines mentioned above have been shown to effectively prevent symptomatic infection including hospital admissions and severe disease [810], the risk of COVID-19-related thrombosis should be expected to (almost) disappear in vaccinated individuals.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/58/1/2101111

• Upvote 1

People are free to make their own decisions. My parents in their 80s were both advised bu their GP to have the vaccination, and have had astrazeneca.

I'm in my late 50s and am waiting for pfizer, but to be honest, I think I am being stupid, and probably should just get astrazeneca. The chances of blood clotting are miniscule. What you need to weigh up is the fact that getting Coronavirus also increases your risks of blood clotting, far higher than a vaccine ever will. I think with astrazeneca your chance of dying from blood clotting is one in a million.

Don't take my word for it;

European Respiratory Journal

From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, this disease has been associated with frequent thrombotic complications, due to the direct effects of the virus on the endothelium and to the “cytokine storm” following the host's immune response [23]. In a recent meta-analysis of 102 studies involving 64 503 patients, the frequency of COVID-19-related venous thromboembolism was as high as 14.7%

Consequently, since the COVID-19 vaccines mentioned above have been shown to effectively prevent symptomatic infection including hospital admissions and severe disease [810], the risk of COVID-19-related thrombosis should be expected to (almost) disappear in vaccinated individuals.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/58/1/2101111

This is why people who have been studying this well before covid19 arrived are, with few exceptions, very keen to be vaccinated ASAP. 

It is sad to see so much anti-science propaganda confusing what is already an issue so complex its difficult to communicate to the general public without being seen as just another political opinion.

Medical studies are often couched in ambiguous terminology and people are confused and frightened, that's fertile breeding grounds for misinformation and distrust.

Just be careful please and take care of each other.

Ta

Mick

absolutely agree it's def a complex issue made more complex when stupid amounts of money is involved 

but what's not so complex ( although it is really ) is your health with or without a jab 

tobacco , alcohol , takeaway / processed foods , if these are on high rotation in your life , then having or not

having the jab could possibly be the least of your problems 

• Upvote 5

Have the jab, don't have the jab, I could'nt give a flying fuck either way but i'll surely be glad when agenda driven media, clueless politicians and the public in general stop trying to ram it down our throats via any format available....

well said!

• Upvote 1

What you need to weigh up is the fact that getting Coronavirus also increases your risks of blood clotting, far higher than a vaccine ever will. I think with astrazeneca your chance of dying from blood clotting is one in a million.

Yep, everyone needs to weigh up the risks.

Australian data from today.

6.1 million AZ jabs, 87 TTS cases, 5 TTS deaths

Risk of TTS across all people vaccinated with AZ - 1:70,000 

Fatality from TTS syndrome if a confirmed case - 1:17

Current fatality risk per AZ jab - 1:1.2 Million

As a female in my late 50's with numerous comorbidities, I chose to get vaccinated. If I was a healthy 20 or 30 something, I might make a different choice.

• Upvote 2

Yep, everyone needs to weigh up the risks.

Australian data from today.

6.1 million AZ jabs, 87 TTS cases, 5 TTS deaths

Risk of TTS across all people vaccinated with AZ - 1:70,000 

Fatality from TTS syndrome if a confirmed case - 1:17

Current fatality risk per AZ jab - 1:1.2 Million

As a female in my late 50's with numerous comorbidities, I chose to get vaccinated. If I was a healthy 20 or 30 something, I might make a different choice.

There is a lot more to this than just calculating mortality rates. No-one wants to experience being so short of breath they require assistance of any kind. Long Covid is increasingly being recognised as a factor to consider as is the development of further mutations or variants in large unvaccinated pools (petri dishes).

It is great to do your best to make an informed decision, unfortunately for some people their primary source of information is youtube and shock jocks.

Congrats on your decision. I wish you well.

currently waiting on my 2nd AZ shot.