Easy Bong Cleaning

The best way to clean any glass smoking device is to put into it a mixture of rock salt and 99% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. The rock salt acts as an abrasive, the alcohol is a solvent. It works great and will make the glass sparkling clean, no residue and like brand new. Put the mixture in and shake the piece as hard as you can till its clean, simple as that.

Guest rapier

If you're a bit queasy about using something as strong as metho to clean your bong, there is a non-toxic product called 'Bong Bath' made by a Victorian company called Waterfall. Works brilliantly, but I'd back up that suggestion of using rice as an agitator. I'm not sure about the availability of Bong Bath, but I got mine free from a bong shop (Off Ya Tree) in Adelaide when I purchased a Waterfall double chamber bong. I think the regular price is $5 for a bottle of 250ml.

As with all cleaning products, though, make sure you thoroughly rinse a couple of times with clean water, especially if you plan to scrape/smoke the resin next time.

Happy cleaning!

If you're a bit queasy about using something as strong as metho to clean your bong

??? Strong as metho? Its active ingredient is ethanol, of which it consists some 95-99%. Water is the next constituent, in terms of volume, the amount dependent upon the level of the anhydrousness of the ethanol. Lastly, in relatively minute quantity, a coal tar derivative called Pyridine, is used as a denaturant. It has a very unpleasant odour and taste. Pyridine is only one of many different denaturants used around the world for metho production, however. The most famous, but uncommonly used today, is methanol, from which the namesake obviates. I've got no idea what's in bongbath, but I doubt very much I'd drink it. I drink ethanol every day.

And Tom, that's a great cleaning method, I must say. The abrasive factor is genius.

If you'd like to surprise yourself a little further, try shellite instead of metho. The result is almost instantaneous. A quick dash of metho afterwards to encourage the miscibility of shellite with water, and your done.

http://diggersaust.com.au/prodimages/SH0404.jpg