Even the Queen's got the idea

Hi Merlin.

Thanks for all the medical posts. Extremely informative and useful. Been trying to get up the bottle to approach local quack for script for years, but in small rural community where nothing is kept in confidance, could be bad move. Cost is a bit off putting as well. Guerilla growing only way to go. Quality and supply can be patchy, but when there is none, there is always codeine given out like lollies.

Grand old Queen Victoria started off the royal tradition, and they say when she died her circumference was more than her height. Munchies perhaps?

I,m just a dumb pup.

No problem Graeme. The more information people have, the more informed any decision they make can be, hence the topic 'Medical Access'.

I too attempted to get access via my GP, he knew nothing of the processes, knew nothing regarding approvals and was less than reluctant to assist. This is why I attended the Canna expo, to gain the info I needed

All that is required is a simple referral from your GP to a cannabis clinic, then the (convoluted) processes the Fed govt have put in place start. Once the approvals have been gained (and paid for) everything goes thru the clinic.

I too am in a small community and my local chemist won't even stock it, seemingly they need specific training/qualifications to handle such a dangerous substance, WTF. Just ridiculous. So, now I get mine from a chemist interstate. It gets sent out via Auspost in an overnight express post envelope and nobody local knows shit about my deliveries. And the other plus, the quality ain't too bad either lol The minus of it all is the costs, but in saying that, the costs have reduced somewhat, reportedly because Australian suppliers now have stock available. It's starting to drop down to 1990's prices of around $300-$350/oz

Merl1n

Once you've got a medical referral it's all online or by phone. Most of my appointments have been via Facetime, so the furthest I've had to travel is from the lounge to the computer lol

My GP's records are confidential to my GP and my canna dr's records are confidential to the canna dr. We have to give specific permission for them to share those records, that's law, medical confidentiality, they can't just decide to share info. That's a big No, No.

You can ask you Dr for a medical summary. Some dr's just have a print out of a medical summary they use for a referral. It can depend on which canna Dr you use as to what they require regarding a referral, some may just accept a medical summary. Other's may just have a form that needs a dr's signature. Some can be a bit too nosey, wanting to know everything down to how many squares of toilet paper you use, but some are a bit more relaxed, so suss it all out. what are ALL of the costs? How much paperwork do I have to do? How often do I need follow up appoinments (and remember each appointment costs too). From all reports those costs can vary heaps from dr to dr and from chemist to chemist, so the more you investigate the better.

But, remember, where there is a will, there is a way. You just have to workout which way is safest for you.

Merl1n