WEIRD STEM GROWTH!

Yeah I've never had it , but if I remember SE might of had the same thing

Maybe just cut that stem off , if that's the only 1 affected

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is the only one. It is also one I bred, well accidently!  I was trying to cross critical orange and white widow and the pollen got onto the alaskan purple. A few seeds from both strains were not identifiable so popped them all in a different container and just planted them out. This is the one of the results which one I do not know. 

Couple of times I’ve come across it ,,on one branch ,,rest of plant is normal .

Produced less bud than otherwise for me but worth leaving on ,,,at least for the novelty .

Can’t remember the strains but got photos somewhere on this site though.

Thanks. Yes I will leave it on just to see - curiosity ;-) 

It is only one section (top part) of the plant, apart from that the rest is fine. Altho there is going to be a mass of branches coming from that top section. :-)

• Upvote 1

Is it on the main stem ?

if so I’d consider cutting it off,,,one branch it wouldn’t matter but the main stem needs to produce normal branching and it won’t if it’s flat.

end up being an unmanageable mess of tight branches ,,and possibly not very strong ,,the branch I had dried to about as thick as the cardboard on a cigarette packet.

So if it’s the main stem I’d top it below the flat part ,

• Upvote 1

I thought I had commented in this thread already but must of been another one

This is becoming increasingly common, possibly due to the big breeding programs over in the US, there are a few reasons why this happens, genetics, polyploidism like mentioned, or even certain chemicals, I have seen this happen in hemp fields where they were trialing a PGR to increase cell production and stem elongation to see if it increased fiber yields and at certain rates it could cause the odd plant the turn to a flat stem, often after 4 weeks they would grow out of it but others that wouldn't just end up tall and something that looks like a bowl haircut on top.

You can try see if it will grow out, but if its happened in an organic grow and you've not applied any fertilizer or anything then I doubt it will grow out, if you do want to see what happens don't count on it giving you any sort of decent yield

• Upvote 1