Healthy looking stunned growth

c & p from someone / somewhere else 

"When you are growing plants in biological soil..."organic" ( water only ) the bigger the pot you use the better... why? 90% of the energy produced by the plant during photosynthesis goes too producing roots.

On the contrary, 

when growing hydroponically or in potted culture...you are using a fertilizer that is already in the inorganic form...90% of the energy produced by the plant goes to make the fruit,,, the root system doesn't need to be big because you are feeding it directly as opposed to having to go thru a process to convert the organic matter into inorganic "

• Upvote 1

Just though I would give you all an update on this post as it might help others.

Like previously mentioned the plants were no way near root bound and had plenty of room to grow ( roots were barely visible once the plant got taken out of it's pot ).

It was not all "pretty dam simple" Thank you jozo Anoma for your very insightful and helpful answers...

Bigger pot with a useless medium, what is that going to do ? bigger plant ? doubt it. 

I've regrown the same plants / same genetics / same seller in a non living medium and they are doing just fine with and even smaller pot than the one shown in the picture.

The living soil was indeed the issue when placed in a smaller containers, the micro-organism don't develop and eventually die out leaving nothing in the soil to feed the roots. No Root growth... small plant.

So note for the future, if you are wanting do slowly upsize your containers ( starting from party cup for example ) don't use organic living soil.

Thank you to the ones that took the time to help in a productive way and go to hell to the non supportive members of this forum thinking that everything is "pretty dam simple". 

I am sure there will be plenty more to learn! 

Happy growing and thank you again!

• Upvote 1

No worries champ, glad to help.

I may be a newbie but I try to help when I know the advice is correct.

You said you had a 2.5 month old plant. Here's what my 2.5 month old plants look like as of December 12, they've been massively LST'd otherwise they'd be much taller. This week they're going into 150 litre pots.

No plant steroids, basic nutes, ryzo. Nothing else.

post-67381-0-59468900-1609294314_thumb.jpg

post-67381-0-32666800-1609294539_thumb.jpg

post-67381-0-75603200-1609294571_thumb.jpg

post-67381-0-48872900-1609294605_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wasn't aimed at you anoma was at the numpty. All I use is compost from garden centre then 2months earlier mix with sheep chook pig shit let it sit for 2 months. Raise my seedlings in 5 litre pot's with seed raising mix till plenty of roots come out the bottom then plant in 100lt hempys then pk when in flower pretty bloody simple in my opinion....

Wasn't aimed at you anoma was at the numpty. All I use is compost from garden centre then 2months earlier mix with sheep chook pig shit let it sit for 2 months. Raise my seedlings in 5 litre pot's with seed raising mix till plenty of roots come out the bottom then plant in 100lt hempys then pk when in flower pretty bloody simple in my opinion....

Shit, sorry mate, your names are similar so I got confused.

Cheers