Seeds from a HERMIE plant.

Hi all.

So a while back i randomly grew a few plants outside without any research or know how on what the fuck to do.

I had 2 females and 2 males and I left the males near the females until someone pointed out that the females may be pollinated. But it was too late anyway as I saw that the females had started to produce seeds.

Anyway so I thought fuck it i’m gonna let them grow and use the seeds in future. And I was advised by almost everyone that the seeds would be shit and that I should just bin them.

So anyway, if anyone does ever come across seeds from a hermie, I just wanted to say that I planted and have had no issues so far with 2 plants. I’ve attached some pics.

Whether it was luck, not sure. But atleast I didn’t have to waste a shit load of seeds

post-66989-160558240994_thumb.jpgpost-66989-16055823293_thumb.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I’m not sure what hermi seeds has to do with it.. only if a single plant has male and female bits is it a hermi.. it sounds like you got some miss info my friend.. And I’m not sure why anyone would say chuck them if they new your growing situation , if it was a random good male , and a random good female... chances are the seeds will be good enough , especially for Percy grows. You bread your very own seeds with male and female plants , not hermis from what I can make out , so I say well done and good luck in the future. Nice looking bud mate.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Paul.sth.wst.is.best
  • Upvote 1

I grow feminised plants all the time, not a male in sight

This year 3 of em were sinse and 4 ended up with seeds. Couldn't find a nanna or hermi type evidence

Is it true male pollen can travel over 10 k's from some idiot with males, and pollinate some plants and not others ?

And would those seeds be viable and worth a shot given the female was of good quality ?

Edited by afgahn bob

Yeah original post makes no sense. 2 males and 2 females do not make a hermie.

This is how it works.. If you have a hermie that pollinates itself those seeds will be exactly the same and will hermie.  However, if that hermie pollinates females around it those seeds will be all feminized without the hermie gene. 

Afgahn Bob : Plants can hermie from stress and sometimes get banana's deep inside the bud that cant even be seen.. Its more likely that than pollen traveling many km.  Pollen can travel a long way on the wind but a male would have to be near by for you to get more than a few seed. 

Edited by Stiritup420