Overwater or Nuteburn

I am using pure rain tank water with a PH of about 6.6 I think. I have Yates Magnesium chelate but no calcium additive so to speak.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Joe. Its ok mate we all had to start somewhere

Get your self a good cal/mag like bio diesel ... its a great one. Its exxy. But worth

Add it FIRST to every feed 1ml/10ltrs. It will bring your rain water back to tap minus the nastys.

Add your base AB. Then add the rest.

PH 6.6 is a bit high.. aim for 6.0 -6.2

What light you running?

Peace.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

i'll guess watering , because the realization of your over watering generally turns into under watering

start off with 2 much then you possibly back off 2 much

i reckon it's under watered & while the soil was dry you watered the plants with liquid nutrients

liquid feeding a water stressed plant could cause the yellowing/burning your seeing

how do you determine when you water your plants now

Hey itchybro thanks for taking the time to stop by and help out, appreciate it. I usually use the lift method and in occasions a moisture meter. But atm it’s taking like 8 days to completely dry out. So I know there is slot of below top surface roots that still need some moisture so I give the about 400ml each.

Get your self a good cal/mag like bio diesel ... its a great one. Its exxy. But worth

Add it FIRST to every feed 1ml/10ltrs. It will bring your rain water back to tap minus the nastys.

What light you running?

Peace.

Hi vape, thanks for the advise mate I will look into getting some of the bio diesel. I was going to go old school and use lime and Epsom salts but the bio diesel sounds Taylor made and slick.

• Upvote 1

What light you running?

Peace.

My apologies vape I forgot to mention the light.

It’s a HLG 550 quantum board with Uv and Ir diodes built in and meanwell driver.

Imo you are killing them with kindness

Appropriate nutrition for Appropriate medium

Soil peat and perlite i wouldn't be using any form of Hydroponic nutrients even if they do say its ok ,

All you would need is some worm castings as your nutrition , powerfeed has been used by other soil members with good success many other options available that are more appropriate

Its extremely hard to over water Hydroponics , soil on the other hand can be done without realising until its too late

Soil has a different pH to Hydroponics

You don't need to buffer any organic supplements as the soil will do that for you

Your soil should have a base pH of 6.8 approx

Go to low and it will become to acidic and stall growth

Which exactly what I think has happened here ,

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Soil peat and perlite i wouldn't be using any form of Hydroponic nutrients even if they do say its ok ,

All you would need is some worm castings as your nutrition , powerfeed has been used by other soil members with good success many other options available that are more appropriate

Its extremely hard to over water Hydroponics , soil on the other hand can be done without realising until its too late

You don't need to buffer any organic supplements as the soil will do that for you

Thanks so much for the input Micmac. I do have Great White Premium Mycorrhizae in powdered form if that’s the sort of stuff your referring to. But you could be into something with giving them too much love. After all as they say, they are just a weed[emoji23]

Really stoked with all the help you guys are offering and will take it all on board to try and get my girls back up and happy.[emoji120]

Also forgot to mention Micmac I have power feed but also Neutrog gogo juice, it’s great when your wife works at Bunnings..lol

But will definitely be keeping the kids on the Advanced Nutrients line I have

sorry if i missed it , what size pots are they in 

400ml of nutrient water everyday ? 

they are in 5 gallon fabric pots. No i usually feed,water,water. When i feed its usually a good drenching till runoff. The next 2 waterings are about the 400ml just to wet the top 1/3 whilst waiting for the bottom to dry but it just seems to take forever.

sorry i

sorry it should have read, keeping the lids on the AN.