Curious about the price of Canna in these times

Hey everyone

I’m curious to know what’s happening at the moment. Since COVID hit, the price of Canna has gone through the roof. In Brisbane you are looking at $500 an ounce for primo some weeks. The other day we bought an ounce for $380 that lasted 4 days, when usually it lasts us a week, it was heavy and sketchy. Big smokers here but I can’t justify the price for our family, hence why we have started to grow for ourselves. I’m paying more for canna than the mortgage on our house. I’ve always used canna to relax, I feel I’m a better parent on it but the prices are making me feel quite the opposite at the moment.

But why? I thought that Canna would be in abundance after COVID because everyone could grow without the risk of being raided. Is it the borders being closed? Is it the growers? The middle men? The dealers? Supply and demand? Is it just hard times? Sometimes I feel like I’m this hard druggo looking for my next fix the way I’m spending and sourcing.

Can someone please help me to understand? No hard feelings, just genuinely curious to what is happening.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Magurbanhere,

Mmmm,so its still the same 50 yes on, can't get on and when you do its high priced shit!lol.

Answer:- 50 years ago we just went and bought a bottle of Ouzo, same stone as chuff and cheaper! Try it,you may like it! Just can't drive on it.lol.

Magurbanhere.

Edited by magurbanhere

Wow. I have not heard of these prices in Bris.. I have heard a few people claiming that it's dry and willing to pay a premium but had no idea it was that bad. To me 300 is ridiculously high and it better be fucking good..

I know people getting lots of PGR in Bris and flogging it for 240 a zip, they get huge amounts at a cheap price compared to many but there has been no shortage of it nor price hike. Funny thing is he buys premo of my mates for his persy haha..  Premium is hard to find on the street for many people and when they find it its not always around for long.   I thank PGR for forcing me into action.

If you got PGR for $380 then you better start growing fast.... Even premo is not worth 380 let alone 500..  PGR Stuff going round here is hard as a rock and pretty harsh to smoke, a real downer too.. 

I always get the premium though because i decided years ago that there was no other way and now i am self sufficient.. Always someone in my circle with good weed and  Growers i know shift good stuff for 200-250 or 3200 a lb but i very rarely need to buy it for myself.. The higher the price it seems the more hands it gone through so if you don't know a grower you need to grow it yourself to avoid the PGR and the scum bag rip off prices from wannabe gangsters.

I remember leaf seasons that's how old i am.. When it was leaf season like 30 years ago bags of buds were 500 and two weeks wages for me back then haha  We would buy the bags of leaf and tip for like $80 and smoke that charf for months on end until bud season.  

Edited by Stiritup420
  • Upvote 1

Yeah it’s really full on at the moment. I would never waste my money on pgr, never ever. I don’t like it, and I don’t enjoy the smoke. I would go without before smoking pgr haha.

So I know a friend that sells pgr and she bought half a p for $2500.

But you cannot get an ounce of primo for anything under $350. Q’s are going for $120 and I’ve heard friends even paying $150. Atm people are paying $500 for an ounce of primo and everyone is dry. It’s strange times and I don’t understand where the shortage and mark up is coming from.

That’s why I’ve decided to grow our own. I’m sick of being in this crazy overpriced world. We are only growing for ourselves because I want the hell out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Wow. I have not heard of these prices in Bris.. I have heard a few people claiming that it's dry and willing to pay a premium but had no idea it was that bad. To me 300 is ridiculously high and it better be fucking good..

I know people getting lots of PGR in Bris and flogging it for 240 a zip, they get huge amounts at a cheap price compared to many but there has been no shortage of it nor price hike. Funny thing is he buys premo of my mates for his persy haha.. Premium is hard to find on the street for many people and when they find it its not always around for long. I thank PGR for forcing me into action.

If you got PGR for $380 then you better start growing fast.... Even premo is not worth 380 let alone 500.. PGR Stuff going round here is hard as a rock and pretty harsh to smoke, a real downer too..

I always get the premium though because i decided years ago that there was no other way and now i am self sufficient.. Always someone in my circle with good weed and Growers i know shift good stuff for 200-250 or 3200 a lb but i very rarely need to buy it for myself.. The higher the price it seems the more hands it gone through so if you don't know a grower you need to grow it yourself to avoid the PGR and the scum bag rip off prices from wannabe gangsters.

I remember leaf seasons that's how old i am.. When it was leaf season like 30 years ago bags of buds were 500 and two weeks wages for me back then haha We would buy the bags of leaf and tip for like $80 and smoke that charf for months on end until bud season.

Pgr is going for $320 an ounce. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have a friend that does the same with flogging off pgr and buying quality. Some genuinely don’t see the value in primo which is strange to me because I always think, look how beautiful and sparkly and puffy that bud is. When they are raving to me about their little jaffa looking nug haha.

The word was that because of the borders closing it was harder for people to connect. But man, I don’t friggen know if I’m buying that.

We use canna to chill out but how can you chill when your cones are like $2 each haha.

Magurbanhere,

Mmmm,so its still the same 50 yes on, can't get on and when you do its high priced shit!lol.

Answer:- 50 years ago we just went and bought a bottle of Ouzo, same stone as chuff and cheaper! Try it,you may like it! Just can't drive on it.lol.

Magurbanhere.

Hahaha hilarious.

It's literally fucked over here in W.A cause we have the hard border closure, like NOTHING from the eastern states is coming though.

Most of us are paying though the nose current 'street' prices for Perth are like $30 Sticks (~1.2 - 1.5g) $50's (2.5g - 3g) Anywhere from $110 to $140 1/4's for a Quarter (7g)

And that's if you can even source it, big supply issues atm, if you can get anything bigger it's 1/2's anywhere $220 - $250 (14g) and again with Oz's $420-$480 (28g) .... Managed to get a QP the other day for $1600 but it was some pretty dense Rockbud.

Quality varies wildly with decent 'strain' quality and still quite a bit of 'reds' (PGRS) and shitty rockbud hydro's.

It all boils down to supply and demand - more people want it during these times and there isn't enough to go around so dealers/growers are upping the price.

Edited by The Stoned Jester