Need Advice on New Lighting Technology

Hey Magerbanhere there is nothing wrong with sticking with what you know. the new technology is digital HPS ballast rather than magnetic and switching to 600w instead of 400w.

Magurbanhere,

Thank you,have come to that conclusion already brother,and have used 2GB of data on research on my tablet! lol.

Gonna cost me more in research than setting up a system!lol.

But I am a big believer in newer and more efficient technology, and I joined here just to pick everyone's brains to enhance my own knowledge!

But what is intriguing is the tents, and these new datum boards with different light spectrums etc,hard to get my 15 century head to accept the changes in just 15 yrs really.

For me its like giving Cromagnon man a Colt AR15 and taking his spear,lol,

But this is exactly why I joined, to get advice and to utilise what I can, I think you are all doing a fantastic job helping folk like me and the new growers too!

Your site is doing a good job of it,and I dips me lid to y'all.

Regards Billy.

Edited by magurbanhere

Led's are the way to go for sure. Less heat and more grams per watt over HPS.

When buying an led there's really only a couple of stats you need to look at.

Draw at the wall. All these 1000, 1500, 4000 bullshit tags mean fuck all. A 100watt led is not equal to a 1000watt HPS and if they are trying to sell you with bullshit like that how crappy is the company.

If you have your shit dialled a quality led is equal to roughly double it's wattage in HPS. 100w led = 200w HPS and so on.

Spectrum and umol/j. A decent brand with a blend of white and red Samsung diodes will give a good spectrum for veg and flower. umol/J is a measure of the plant usable light produced per joule of electricity. A decent quantum board led will be up around 2.7

If a seller is claiming that there knock off 100watt led is equal to a 1000watt HPS I'm tend to think that every other claim they make about the light could be total bullshit as well.

If you can afford it I would go with well known and warranty backed brands like HLG or Spider Farmer. I prefer HLG but that's just personal choice. Quick Bloom is an Australian business providing trust worthy high quality led for the Australian market. Price is up there but you get what you pay for.

With the right genetics and conditions the light in the link can easily grow a you a 400 gram harvest.

https://www.quickbloomlights.com.au/products/260w-xl-qb-v2-led-kit-grow-light

Good luck Brother

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk