Need Advice on New Lighting Technology

ther pre good these days, just make sure its full spectrum nd not a blurple. nething with the samsung lm301 diodes in the cct of ur liking, 240w dimmable with 660nm red diodes imo. what were u pulling with ur 400, how long veg, grow style (ie. what r ur expectations?)

Magurbanhere,

Fuck are you smashed dude!lol.

I can interpret about half of what you just posted?.I take it you said " make sure its full spectrum and not purple "

Am not making fun of you,but, I'm nearly 70 fucking years old and all this speech shortcut and "gangsta" stuff fucks with my brain which incidentally is not in my skull but lives on Planet Zot!lol.

So the Samsung LED set up i was thinking about is not correct?

OK,I am here on this website for advice,all advice,to me simple is best,the more complicated things are then the more confusing it gets!lol.

Maybe I should go back my old way which I know,400w HPS run horizontal and Canna nutrients in clay balls?

Still need time to think it over, and time is something I have plenty of!

Thank you for your post,even if I only understood half of it!lol.

Magurbanhere.

Magurbanhere,

Fuck are you smashed dude!lol.

I can interpret about half of what you just posted?.I take it you said " make sure its full spectrum and not purple "

Am not making fun of you,but, I'm nearly 70 fucking years old and all this speech shortcut and "gangsta" stuff fucks with my brain which incidentally is not in my skull but lives on Planet Zot!lol.

So the Samsung LED set up i was thinking about is not correct?

OK,I am here on this website for advice,all advice,to me simple is best,the more complicated things are then the more confusing it gets!lol.

Maybe I should go back my old way which I know,400w HPS run horizontal and Canna nutrients in clay balls?

Still need time to think it over, and time is something I have plenty of!

Thank you for your post,even if I only understood half of it!lol.

Magurbanhere.

sorry... always medicated, ill try to be less lazy [emoji1690]

got my gist but? i reckon u r on the money with the samsung LEDs/quantum boards, they will save u on power and will get some good buds. theres heaps of variations, but the panels with lm301 and 660nm red diodes r standard these days (r spec), take u all the way from veg to flower. got a link to what u r looking at?

sorry... always medicated, ill try to be less lazy [emoji1690]

got my gist but? i reckon u r on the money with the samsung LEDs/quantum boards, they will save u on power and will get some good buds. theres heaps of variations, but the panels with lm301 and 660nm red diodes r standard these days (r spec), take u all the way from veg to flower. got a link to what u r looking at?

Magurbanhere,

Thank you kindly brother,will see if I can find the link, have to go through my history to find it.

Cheers magurbanhere.

Magurbanhere,

Thank you kindly brother,will see if I can find the link, have to go through my history to find it.

Cheers magurbanhere.[/quote

https://www.crazysales.com.au/online-1000w-full-spectrum-led-plant-grow-light-samsung-lm301b-growing-lamp-211927.html

Is that it?..

Magurbanhere

Magurbanhere,

Cheers magurbanhere.[/quote

https://www.crazysales.com.au/online-1000w-full-spectrum-led-plant-grow-light-samsung-lm301b-growing-lamp-211927.html

Is that it?..

Magurbanhere

that looks like it will do the trick in a small space bro. i cant vouch 4 that particular panel as the 240w ones i use have a different heat sink (finned), dimmable, higher powered meanwell driver, lm301h diodes and 2 qb panels, good for 2x4. they r not branded, been running about a year all g. as the bro said b4, u may want to get at least 200w, depends on how much u want to grow? or veg longer if u want higher gpw, hydro should give u a bit more weight as well?

Edited by thecannakid

The last generation of Led's were pretty average had loads of fans, noise and purple light. They did ok but were not ideal.. These new Quantums are on another level and definitely worth trying over tradition light. I believe my 4000 is at least as good as 6-800w of hps and only uses 450w max.  I agree with Cannakid 2000/200 would be more suitable as the 1000's are pretty small. 

1000 might be enough for your needs. and you can always add another 1000 later.  just my opinion but i don't like those ones that was linked above, I wanted to only get a brand that i could research and see that they would work well and what others thought.. You can see quite a few grows on youtube with popular lights and then find them on ebay .. For a 1000 or whatever i recommend these just because i know they work great. 

Bang for buck if you want a $200 light go on ebay and find Bloom Plus and bid at auction. Got both mine for $200 that way. Feedback is good, same suppliers as Spiderfarmer and i can vouch that they work great.

Here is what My cousins friends uncles looks like.. 1st pic is 2x 1500 bp's.  It's Cream caramel so its very hard n heavy.  Near enough Half pound from 300w pull but space is too small for the light spread so could probably do better.. 

Second is the 4000w and its an easy LB for 450w pull.

post-57615-0-61329200-1604159128_thumb.jpegpost-57615-0-62726500-1604159153_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Stiritup420

Magurbanhere,

Thank you kindly for everyone's input and the start of grey hairs on ya heads!lol.

I have decided to have a play around and set my room with a cheap 1500w LED set up, at least I can do a dry run and get it all functioning correctly,so pulleys, nutrient tank (40L) timers,feed pumps etc,etc.

I reckon if I grow some type of plant to set it up before I grow? Whadda you lot think, what's legal that grows like pot?

All ideas welcome!

Magurbanhere